Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems with a video player library that plays everywhere. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
We’re looking for talented, passionate and inspired people who believe in the possibilities of video to tell compelling stories and want to enable video creation as well as consumption. Join us to innovate and lead the market for video encoding, playback on mobile and other devices, and analytics around user experiences.
As a Software Support Engineer, you will be part of an international team that provides excellent “follow the sun” technical support to large and small customers. You will work directly with our customers and provide them with excellent assistance either by answering technical questions about our products or analyzing and solving problems they’re facing when using the products. The products include video processing (encoding, packaging, protection), playback, and analytics. Your ability to quickly simplify complex topics and explain them will enable our customers to gain a better understanding of how our products work and to leverage them in the most optimal way. This enables your customers to offer the best service to their end users, so their businesses thrive along with ours. This is our way of helping to shape the future of media entertainment - one customer at a time.
As a Software Support Engineer, you will
- Provide quick and on-point assistance to existing customers in a way they can easily understand
- Handle incoming support requests during assigned working hours, including initial triage and problem analysis to determine the best path forward for each reported issue or customer question
- Solve problems independently and provide customers with the best possible solutions
- Identify recurring problems and document them in the form of internal and customer-facing FAQs and tutorials so that others can understand and reproduce the solution
- Report and track issues to ensure support metrics are reliable and customers are notified of progress regularly, including potential product releases from the Engineering team
- Notify your direct manager (and follow defined escalation path) for any high profile issues in a timely manner
It would be great if you have
- Basic knowledge and understanding of video encoding, packaging, protection, playback, and analytics workflows
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong ability to explain/discuss complex technical problems to both, technical and non-technical audiences in simple terms - at least 3 years
- Strong hands-on experience in a customer support function for technology products/services and common support tools including Zendesk, Intercom, Slack, and Github - at least 2 years
- Hands-on familiarity with common tools to debug web-based applications (Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Edge dev tools, Fiddler / Cocoa, Wireshark) - at least 2 years combined
- Strong passion for (media) technologies/tools and aptitude to learn quickly
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now! Apply now