Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems with a video player library that plays everywhere. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for a Junior Java Software Engineer to join our Platform Team. We’re building the API and orchestration components behind our product. The ideal candidate will have passion for developing APIs, think at scale and ensure service resiliency.
To apply for this junior position, you have to have a valid visa and work permit for Austria.
As a Jr. Java Engineer you will
- Work with a highly motivated team with a strong knowledge sharing and learning culture.
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed microservices.
- Rapidly iterate on features by quickly understanding requirements and writing good quality code.
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product creation through architecture and implementation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and implement strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Write unit tests, system tests and integration tests.
It would be great if you have
- Java skills
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit)
- Knowledge of SQL and databases
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Ability to work in fast paced startup environment
It would be even better if you have
- Kotlin skills
- Knowledge of Spring / Spring Boot
- Built distributed microservices
- Experience with Restful APIs
- Good API design skills
- Familiarity with git, GitHub
- Working with an innovative, fast growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU and US
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Company laptops also for private use
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now! Apply now