Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signature less technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re pretty proud of all that too. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a collaborative, motivated, and inspiring individual to join the integral data science engineering team as a Senior Data Engineer. You will get to work on cutting edge Big Data technologies, build world class frameworks, and work strong data engineers on figuring out new and evolving technologies. You will work with the data scientists, data analysts and other stakeholders company-wide to tackle and solve interesting challenges to ensure that we are able to combat all arising threats for millions of customers.
What You'll Do:
- Build batch-based data pipelines using Apache Hive, Apache Spark, SQL, Python, Scala
- Designing and implementing cloud architecture in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Work on proof of concept for various technologies like Snowflake and Memsql for data warehousing and data analytics, Cassandra for time series data, and data visualation tools for data exploration
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders, Research, Product Managers, Platform, QE, SRE groups, and Data Scientists
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of coding experience in Java or Scala or Python
- 3+ years or working experience in Big Data
- 2+ years working on Cloud technologies (AWS big plus)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Strong understanding of all types of Data storage, Polyglot – RDBMS, Key-Value, Document store, Caching, Columnar, Graph DB etc.
- Thorough understanding of modern SaaS tools
- Experienced working in open source technologies
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis and building streaming pipelines is a plus
- Comfortable building and working with RESTful API’s
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Understand user stories during design and code reviews and ensure solutions uses correct components and frameworks while maintaining best practices
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff