Following the tremendous success of Featurespace, our team is expanding globally, and we are looking for experienced Senior Implementation Engineers in Singapore.
The role is one of the first openings in the APAC region, making this an exciting time to join with loads of possibilities for progression as the company continues it's impressive growth.
Senior Implementation Engineers will work with both our internal teams and customers in order to build and deliver our award-winning ARIC platform, driving to improve and innovate internal processes to further our growth, and acting as technical advisers to colleagues across the department.
The role requires both strong technical and communication skills, as well as solid time- and project-management skills. You will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of the operational complexities of our software, and be able to explain the details to internal and external audiences with a range of technical backgrounds. You must have prior experience in software delivery, while past experience with our core technologies is extremely beneficial, but not essential.
Day to Day
- End-to-end configuration and deployment of our award-winning ARIC platform, on-premise or hosted in the cloud
- Configuring and testing integration of customers’ data sources into the ARIC APIs
- Designing and writing test cases to ensure the quality of code and configuration delivered to customers
- Supporting customers throughout the lifecycle of a deployment, from initial engagement to post-live support and maintenance
- Determining the best way to deploy and configure the ARIC platform to meet customer needs, continuously improving technical delivery processes
- Developing small plugin modules e.g. for data ingestion or transformation
- Anticipating technical challenges and working collaboratively to overcome them
- Coaching and training colleagues on deployment and projects best practices and conducting code reviews
- Acting as a technical escalation point for colleagues
- Providing commercial estimates for technical changes to deployments
- Travelling on-site to a customer’s environment – UK or abroad
- Strong academic background in a relevant discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
- Experience with working in a Linux environment, with familiarity of the commandline
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experience balancing multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to a range of different audiences – from highly technical to non-technical senior stakeholders
- Familiarity with DevOps and software testing concepts (e.g. continuous integration, test-driven-development)
- Experience in a customer-facing role deploying enterprise software
- Experience writing production-quality code or scripting
- Track record of picking up new technologies quickly
Great to haves
- Strong experience with shell scripting (Bash preferred)
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Experience writing production-quality code (Python or Java preferred)
- Familiarity with web services (e.g. REST), and associated components (e.g. JSON)
- Experience of working with distributed systems (e.g. Apache Zookeeper, Apache Kafka)
- Experience with database architecture and scripting (e.g. SQL or MongoDB)
- Experience with source control (e.g. Gitlab)
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Enjoys working in a team of like-minded and intelligent people to solve complex problems
- A passion to expand your repertoire of technical experience
- A focus on personal achievement and responsibilities
- Rigorous attention to detail, both in your communication and your desire to deliver high-quality software
- Enthusiasm for leading implementation project teams and mentoring more junior colleagues
- A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving you the resources you need so that innovation can thrive.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefits package, further details of which will be provided later in the application process.