At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from 24 Hour Fitness to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
We aspire to be a company inspired by your experience and culture. What matters to us most are the core values that make Camunda a great place to work, our focus, ambition, integrity, talent and most of all humor. We believe our culture is a constant evolution and every team member adds something special. Wherever you come from, whatever your background, you are welcome here.
The Sales Engineer is a highly visible expert in the pre-sales process, Sales Engineering is responsible for demonstrating to prospective customers how Camundas solutions will address their business needs. This includes ownership of the technical part of the sales process by defining requirements, handling of demonstrations, and overcoming technical objections. You will work with our Sales managers and the pre-sales teams in order to build a strong strategy to win a customer.
For this role you should be passionate about software technologies, and though not an expert in coding you will find yourself in front of a computer creating snippets and experimenting with new frameworks.
The role is 100% remote.
What you’ll be doing:
- Map customer requirements to our Camunda product stack
- Develop individual Camunda evaluation plans for our prospects
- Conduct product demos and product related Q&A sessions
- Take charge of Camunda team to complete RFI / RFP documents
- Team up with Sales Managers to discuss the status and development of accounts
- Organize presales engagements (schedule & assign experts, coordinate with Sales)
- Create and maintain Presales content and technical artifacts
What you’ll bring along:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Information Systems, Business Informatics, Computer Science).
- 5+ years’ experience in an Enterprise Technical Pre-Sales role. It is easy for you to map business requirements to a technical solution and to come up with a plan how to achieve this.
- Technology and software engineering are your passions. You are comfortable coding, with knowledge of current software engineering technologies as well as common IT-architectures.
- It is easy for you to communicate complex issues and products in a clear and concise manner.
- You are an organizational talent - you like to put plans into practice in a structured and efficient way
- You are a team player who is creative and enjoys working in a fast pace in a fast-growing company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Central/ mountain US time zone location would be ideal.
- Experience with BPM/BPMN/RPA/orchestration/(middleware) is a strong plus.
What we have to offer:
- You will join a fast growing company with an extremely motivated team
- Medical benefits (general, dental, vision) for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Plan from day one
- Competitive compensation, benefits and 20 days vacation
- Freedom of choice in your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free sports club membership
- Flexible working environment and you decide what works best for you
- Annual company retreat at an international location
- And if you dare… free language classes