We are looking for an outstanding Senior Product Manager who will make our product more intelligent and personalized. You will look at problems such as search, ranking, personalization, or recommendations. If you want to shape, build up and scale a new product area while creating a lot of value for both the business and the customer, read on.
The role will give you:
As the Senior Product Manager for Recommendations & Relevance, you will enable our customers to discover the products they are looking for. Your team consists of data scientists and engineers tackling this challenge in an algorithmic way, mainly by applying techniques from machine learning and AI. You will closely work together with the other (Marketplace) product teams and Sales. Success in the role will lead to additional growth and increased loyalty.
- Ownership: You are skilled at laying out your team’s strategy, setting goals, and then following through; owning the outcomes of your team’s work.
- Ambiguity: Ambiguity around you does not stop you from being clear and achieving your goals.
- Communication: You demonstrate a clear and structured approach to communicating; able to connect your team’s strategy to the company’s mission and break down your team’s strategy into clear next steps.
- Prioritization: You use your data skills and customer empathy to weigh competing initiatives, making clear decisions on priority, focusing your team’s execution and continually re-evaluating your roadmap and strategy based on what you learn.
- Collaboration: You are skilled at building trust with many different stakeholders and empower them by giving clear expectations and keeping them aligned with your team’s roadmap.
- Experimentation: You use experimentation as a way of evaluating the investment of your team, leveraging your data skills to evaluate results and determine next steps.
- Leadership: You can represent your Customers’ interests at the highest levels of the organization and act with openness and transparency with your team, your peers and the exec leadership.
- 5+ years of professional experience in product management; hands-on experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer is a plus.
- Demonstrated ownership over a data product in a previous role, including responsibilities for strategy, KPI setup, goal-setting and roadmap.
- Strong data analytics skills with the ability to solve customer problems based on insights from large data sets.
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning, AI, or algorithmic solutions in general; particular knowledge about team relevant domains such recommender systems, information retrieval or ranking is a plus.
- You have seen wins and you have failed, but most importantly you have learned something each time.
Reasons to join us:
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 60 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly hackdays and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous Pizza Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and extra discount
- Relocation Assistance