About the role and about You:
We are looking for a Director of Engineering for our Game team. You'll be responsible for managing the engineers and front-line managers on the Game Subscription product teams. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering, you’ll manage multiple engineering managers and ensure they and their teams are successful - measured by continual improvement and overall delivery of business needs. You’ll help cascade best practices for the engineering organization to your teams, as well as look for opportunities for your teams to incubate ideas, find learnings, and share with the broader organization.
You’ll be accountable for growing your team, both through hiring a diverse team, as well as coaching your team to take on more responsibility. To do so, this means you’ll cascade responsibility and help support your teams’ managers in doing the same for their teams.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for building and organizing a world-class engineering team through hiring and coaching a diverse team.
- Support other engineering managers and ensure they have highly functional, healthy teams.
- Help your teams keep and retain our top talent.
- Build realistic project plans, align across teams with respect to deliverables, proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Define and drive key success metrics and communicate progress to executive stakeholders.
- Identify, spearhead, and drive successful initiative-wide improvements (i.e. improving our engineering hiring pipeline, standardizing best practices in project planning, improving our cross-functional collaboration, etc).
Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
What we're looking for:
- Game industry experience is required.
- BS in Computer Science, MBA, or other relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering management experience, including leading multiple teams.
- Experience leading other managers with a track record of successfully improving front-line managers in their craft.
- Experience managing remote and distributed teams.
- Proven experience leading agile teams using modern agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win.
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement.
- Experience in video gaming or health & fitness industries
- Experience working with external partners
- Passion for cycling, running and/or fitness
- Experienced Zwifter
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All