Featurespace is the world leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics technology for fraud and risk management. Using machine learning and anomaly detection, our ARIC platform helps financial institutions and organizations around the globe stop fraud in real time.
But we're more than just a tech company, our biggest asset is our people who are exceptionally talented and dedicated to fighting fraud and protecting our customers from risk.
Led by CEO Martina King, one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Payments 2018, and an award-winning management team (Sunday Times, 2018), we’ve had consecutive years of outstanding growth and commercial success. And it's only getting better; we received more than 14 awards and accolades in 2018, including the Queen's Award for Enterprise.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and dedicated IT Service Desk Manager to be based in our Head Office in Cambridge.
In your role as Service Desk Manager you will be based in the Cambridge office but accountable and responsible for providing support to Featurespace users across Cambridge, London, Atlanta, Israel, Singapore and other remote workers around the globe .You should have strong organisational skills with a focus on exceptional customer service. You will be leading a small team of dedicated Service Desk professionals who support users of varying skill levels across a range of devices including Windows 10, Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu), and Apple Mac.
- Line management of a small Service Desk team
- Lead and oversee the provision of 1st and 2nd line support services to Featurespace end-users
- Ensure that requests logged are documented in the Service Desk and prioritised based on impact and priority
- The procurement of products and services
- Ensure the team respond promptly to IT support requests
- Ensuring remote offices and home-based users receive a consistently high level of IT support
- Ensures continuous improvement of end-users' knowledgebase
- Improving and maintaining procedural and troubleshooting documentation for IT staff
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, and support of technology systems and equipment including PCs, operating systems, peripherals, telephony, and business applications
- A passion for exceptional customer service and strong problem-solving skills and experience
- Experience configuring, optimising, and using a helpdesk ticketing system to categorise, prioritise, and automate workload management
- Experience creating and implementing training information for end-users
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10 and at least user-level knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu and Centos) and Apple Mac
- Good understanding of Active Directory administration and Microsoft Office 365 administration experience
- Experience of building laptops and desktops using automated build tools
- Experience of implementation and management of Audio & Video / Video Conferencing solutions
- Awareness of TCP/IP networking and Wi-Fi technology
- Experience generating monthly Service Desk statistics on performance and trouble areas
- Understanding of general IT security including phishing, viruses, and general malware avoidance strategies
- Willingness for some travel to other Featurespace offices, when occasionally required
Great to haves include:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of using virtualisation technology such as VMWare or Hyper-V
- Basic understanding of scripting (PowerShell and Bash)
- Experience managing Mobile Devices using MDM solutions
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and Intune knowledge
- ITIL certification
The work is often challenging and fast-paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- A willingness to go the extra mile
- A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving you the resources you need so that innovation can thrive.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer:
- Quarterly bonus awards
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Growth share scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Career growth, training and mentoring opportunities
- Weekly team takeaway delivered to the office
- Quarterly social, team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs
- Discounted gym membership and daily exercise classes
- Fridges full of treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Freshly ground coffee machines and a selection of teas and other hot drinks
- Weekly board game evenings with pizza
- Cycle to Work scheme