Featurespace is the world leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics technology for fraud and risk management. Using machine learning and anomaly detection, our ARIC platform helps financial institutions and organizations around the globe stop fraud in real time.
But we're more than just a tech company, our biggest asset is our people who are exceptionally talented and dedicated to fighting fraud and protecting our customers from risk.
Led by CEO Martina King, one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Payments 2018, and an award-winning management team (Sunday Times, 2018), we’ve had consecutive years of outstanding growth and commercial success. And it's only getting better; we received more than 14 awards and accolades in 2018, including the Queen's Award for Enterprise.
We are looking for an experienced front-end or full stack developer with a passion for building highly usable font-ends to join our UI team in Cambridge as a UI Engineer. As a UI Engineer at Featurespace, you will be joining the team responsible for the building and maintaining of the front-end of our world-leading ARIC™ platform.
You’ll be joining a team of both front-end and back-end developers that work closely with the product and the Product Design team to ensure the UI is highly accessible, whilst continually striving for the best usability for our clients. The UI team fits within our wider Engineering department, and our UI Engineers report to the Head of UI.
- Hands-on development, iterating designs and testing of the ARIC™ UI
- Build pioneering new features that adhere to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Reporting progress on feature development or assigned tasks
- Participate in and request code reviews
- Contribute to feature design and planning meetings
- Co-ordinate integration of cross functional features with developers from other teams
- Creating and maintaining internal technical documentation relating to UI functionality
- Previous experience as a software engineer or web developer
- Interest and/or previous experience in functional programming
- Passion to learn new technical skills or experience in web technologies
- Knowledge of Elm or Haskell is desirable
- Previous experience working with remote teams and team members is desirable
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- The ability to focus on solutions when faced with problems
- Quick to learn and grasp new concepts
- Attention to detail
- A passion to work for one of the fastest growing fraud prevention technologies in the world
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role, wearing many different hats from day to day, and a great can-do attitude.
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving you the resources you need so that innovation can thrive.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer:
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Share growth scheme
- Training, mentoring and career growth opportunities
- Free Friday team lunches at our Cambridge, London & Atlanta offices
- Regular company socials and team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs & discounted gym memberships
- Fridges packed full of edible treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Fresh ground coffee and a selection of teas in each office
- Pension scheme
- Board game evenings
- Cycle to Work scheme