Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
What you’ll be doing
The platform team is at the core of engineering at WeTransfer. You'll accelerate innovation by providing developers with the tools they need, while ensuring that the platform is reliable, performant, and secure.
Together with the product teams you will work on processes, tools, and services to support end-to-end ownership and self-service deployment of applications and infrastructure.
- Build and maintain our infrastructure — compute, storage and networking — for all applications to be deployed onto
- Build and maintain our observability stack to help engineers monitor and debug their applications
- Build and maintain services for engineers to use said infrastructure. This ranges from onboarding, deployment, secrets management, authN/Z, to continuous integration, and more.
- Work with other teams and engineers to understand their needs and make sure we're building the right services
What we are looking for
Above all else we value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. We are looking for proactivity in spotting problem areas and proposing ideas for improvements. You value good engineering principles and long-term design.
- Strong professional technical experience, building and operating infrastructure at scale
- Strong hands-on experience with building services with backend language such as Golang or Python.
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience using an infrastructure as a service provider such as AWS
- Hands-on experience with building and operating a container orchestration system such as Kubernetes
- Proficiency with running and administrating Linux machines
- Working understanding of networking principles such as routing, load-balancing, TCP/IP stack
- Managing infrastructure as code with tools like Terraform is a plus