Reporting to the Finance Director, this newly created role will help ensure Huel understands its stock balances across its global footprint (manufacturing and warehouses locations across the UK, USA, Europe and Japan), improve its system controls over stock, and implement clear processes with suppliers to track and manage stock. The Stock Control Finance Manager will work closely with the Operations team and with third party manufacturers and logistics providers, and be the go-to person for the most significant item on the Huel Balance Sheet.
The Stock Control role will be focused on improving control and reporting of stock balances and will work closely with the IT function to improve automation with the ERP system. You will be comfortable being hands-on when completing the detailed analysis, but also able to step back and see the bigger picture.
You will be comfortable In a phenomenally fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, and will play a key part in managing Huel’s finances.
What you’ll be doing
- End-to-End support of stock control processes - working cross-functionally to ensure we understand all aspects of stock balances and have the right processes in place to manage our stock. This will include raw materials and finished goods
- System improvements - being the business lead on projects to improve financial recording of stock, including implementing improved unit costing within Netsuite, and supporting on the integration of Huel’s Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with third party manufacturer systems.
- Stock reconciliation - helping the operations team identify wastage from third-party manufacturers to ensure they are meeting contractual obligations.
- Stock ageing review - working with the Operations team to identify aged stock risk and implementing clear and regular reporting to identify aged stock.
- Stock forecasting and reporting - working with the demand planning, procurement and logistics teams to forecast closing stock, and implementing monthly reporting procedures.
- Stock-take management - ensure clear processes and procedures in place for regular stock-takes at third parties, and following up on discrepancies and queries.