Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a Sr Data Scientist to join its growing Data Science team. In this role, you will work with a team that does full-cycle multi-stage Machine Learning product development, from data collection pipeline, to feature extraction, to AI model building for various problems in cyber security domain. You will get to solve challenging problems to protect millions of customers from emerging threats and restore their confidence in using their computers. You will thrive working in a fast paced and nimble working environment.
What You’ll Do:
As Sr Data Scientist, you will design and create machine learning models to provide faster and more efficient way to address use cases including but not limited to malware and malicious file detection, anomaly detection, to risk profiling. You will conduct exploratory data analysis and hypothesis driven deep dives into consumer behavior and subscription data to uncover opportunities through unique insights to improve consumer experience and monetization. You will conduct analysis on A/B testing data to help find winners, drive new ideas for testing and promote the use of A/B testing as a tool for decision making
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative fields
- 7+ years of industry experiences in building machine learning models
- Strong coding skills in Python or R.
- Experience in cyber security is a plus
- Passion in leveraging ML/AI to solve real-world business problems.
- Hands-on experience in two or more machine/deep learning frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adopt new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects from start to finish.
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning/data science approaches.
- Knowledge of NLP/Text mining techniques and related open source tools is a plus.
- Experience working with data collection and processing infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with data serialization techniques and data stores for persisting events is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, annual global company off-site, sporting events and lots of other great stuff