Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a Sr Engineer to join its growing platform team. In this role, you will help build highly scalable platform services to power our products’ scale and growth. You’ll work together with strong engineers in a fast-paced, agile platform, to build reliable, secure, and scalable services and products. You will get to solve challenging problems to protect millions of customers from emerging threats and restore their confidence in using their computers. You will thrive working in a fast paced and nimble working environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build scalable platform microservices and frameworks using Java, J2EE and cloud technologies
- Help create blueprints and best practices for the platform services
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Work across teams to suggest or contribute improvements to the platform modules
- Help propagate a culture of quality, execution, improvement, and growth
- Participate in our agile/scrum process
- Be a team player who collaborates with cross functional business teams and technical product teams to execute on platform roadmap initiatives
- Support your fellow developers; proactively communicate, document, unit-test, and peer review
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 4+ years of professional software development experience in Java and J2EE Technologies.
- Strong experience in developing and scaling cloud based enterprise products or platforms
- Experience with Java Spring framework
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience using AWS cloud services
- Hands-on experience with Microservices or Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience designing production REST APIs
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff