Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is currently experiencing rapid growth and the need for a Tax Director to join our accounting and finance team has never been greater. We need a talented, and enthusiastic, person to manage day-to-day operational tax related activities and help build processes to support future growth. The Director, Tax will be responsible for review data and ensure Tax compliance assisting with the preparation of provisions, returns, tax structure and sales tax around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- As a Tax Director, you will be responsible for working within external service provider and performing the following activities:
- Manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual worldwide consolidated income tax provision calculation under ASC 740.
- Monitor tax accounting rules, SEC reporting pronouncements, and federal and state income tax laws to ensure proper application as part of company’s tax provision and compliance processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statement disclosures in accordance with SEC and ASC 740 requirements.
- Manage the preparation and reconciliation of uncertain tax positions, deferred tax assets & liabilities, and income tax payable.
- Oversee preparation and review of supporting documentation for the preparation of the domestic income tax compliance including the federal income tax return, state/local income and franchise tax returns.
- Review quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments and year-end extension requests
- Overall responsibility for compliance with Sale and Use tax, VAT/GST in the US and around the world.
- Co-ordinate with Cork, Ireland accounting team international tax compliance
- Responsible for responding to tax notices.
- Manage special tax projects, ranging from M&A to international.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 8 - 10+ years working with tax matters in a corporate environment and/or Big 4 accounting firm
- Recent experience working for a start-up company
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Certified Public Accountant preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Master’s in Taxation
- Experience with US GAAP and ASC 740 income tax accounting & International tax
- Strong management, communication, and business skills
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff