Domino has an ambitious vision for data science and machine learning. Our mission is to help the world run on models. Our platform is used by data science teams to accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including Salesforce, Dell, RedHat, Gap, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Bayer.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Zetta Venture Partners, and Bloomberg Beta, Domino is at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies build better cars, develop more effective medications, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team and work on the important enterprise features of our platform including but not limited to
- Making Domino application accessible in a secure and appropriately controlled way
- Programmatically incorporating Domino functionality in enterprise flows
- Facilitating application management and troubleshooting by Domino admins
Domino is built on Scala and Play, Node and React; we use Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Ideally we'd like to find someone who is comfortable with all these technologies, but we are always excited to meet great engineers who can quickly learn new technologies.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Build products, systems, and services that have immediate impact on our customers
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Coach and develop engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- 8+ years experience in software engineering
- Prior experience developing complex production-quality enterprise software systems
- Prior experience in a technical lead role, with responsibility for architectural decisions and the development of software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience
- Expert knowledge of Scala or Java, familiarity with Play or Spring frameworks
- Solid analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of authentication & authorization processes, patterns and frameworks
- Experience with front-end frameworks like React and Angular
- Ability to take and manage a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Ability to efficiently mentor, train and develop senior engineers
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passionate about engineering excellence