Art with character and inspiration at every corner: this is what defines JUNIQE. As the leading online destination for affordable, curated wall art and home accessories, JUNIQE is committed to helping customers make their house a home by bringing art into their everyday lives.
YOUR CHALLENGE As part of the Engineering team, you will help us scale our webshop and connected internal services as one self-healing and auto-scaling platform to a continuously growing demand of online art buyers. We are a small team of professional engineers, each an expert in their field but all-rounders at heart. You will get the opportunity to deep-dive into functional programming, AWS and scalable system design every day. Moreover, our internal training and development program ensures that you continuously improve your technical and soft skills.
• Building beautiful, fast, efficient and reus-able frontend solutions
• Sharing your advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI
• Working with and enhancing complex design systems and applying them to coded pages, screens and states
• Developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms and devices, including smartphones and tablets
• Working with (and therefore be familiar or willing to learn) the following technologies:
BEM, DRY, vanilla React, Redux, Next.js, ES6 or TypeScript, Webpack and CI/CD pipelines that enables us to push to live any time we want
YOUR TECH STACK • Excellent HTML5 / CSS3, responsive design, mobile first
• Familiar with SMACSS, BEM or OOCSS and experience with CSS preprocessors
• Basic Photoshop/Sketch skills (being able to slice.psd for web)
• Experience with at least one other programming language like Java, PHP or Python
ABOUT YOU • 5+ years in a frontend development position
• Previous work experience in Agile / Scrum environments, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment
• Driven, self-motivated and open to exploring new technologies and building cutting-edge features
• Passionate about building a great product
• A problem-solver at heart
• An appreciation for good design and quality code
MORE THAN A JOB Our renovated factory-floor office is flooded with light, filled with plants, and sits on the border of Mitte and Kreuzberg—just a stone’s throw away from the river Spree and Markthalle Neun. We have an open feedback culture with biannual appraisals while offering internal training and workshops for personal and professional development.
Our international team is made up of 27 nationalities and proudly boasts two dogs—English is our lingua franca, but you’ll hear lots of languages (and the odd woof) around the office. Our kitchen sports a fridge stocked with beer and wine for after-work wind-down time and random moments of celebration. In addition to enjoying 30% discount on all JUNIQE art, our employees also benefit from a range of partnerships including reduced membership at the Urban Sports Club.
Did this speak to you? Send a cover letter including your desired starting date and salary indication, along with your CV.