Featurespace is the world leader in Adaptive Behavioural Analytics technology for fraud and risk management. Using machine learning and anomaly detection, our ARIC platform helps financial institutions and organizations around the globe stop fraud in real time.
But we're more than just a tech company, our biggest asset is our people who are exceptionally talented and dedicated to fighting fraud and protecting our customers from risk.
Led by CEO Martina King, one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Payments 2018, and an award-winning management team (Sunday Times, 2018), we’ve had consecutive years of outstanding growth and commercial success. And it's only getting better; we received more than 14 awards and accolades in 2018, including the Queen's Award for Enterprise
With the creation of a new delivery function, we are looking for a Content Engineer to join our Cambridge office, who has an outgoing personality and a passion for quality and readability in their created works.
As a content engineer, you will report to our Head of Standardized Product. You will work with other members of the Standardized Product team, as well as a broad range of other internal stakeholders from across the data science, commercial, engineering, delivery and marketing teams to pull together knowledge and content to create a package of internal and customer-facing documentation with a consistent style and voice.
Crucially, this role requires the ability to understand complex technical topics. The mark of a great candidate will be their ability to transform complex concepts into concise, readable forms, as well as their ability to build the relationships with others so that they can access as much knowledge as possible which isn't currently documented.
- Work closely with other members of the Standardized Product team, including data scientists and implementation engineers, to build out a body of work which represents everything that is required to fully-inform all potential internal and external parties
- Create and execute methods to maintain the quality and accuracy of all documents, as well as methods to broadcast changes to the appropriate teams
- Work with Product Managers from the wider Product team to fully understand the value each Featurespace solution offers to our customers
- Identify the gaps in our current documentation coverage and lead the effort the improve what came before
- Help to build documentation standards from within the team, focusing on the customer-first values of Featurespace
- Experienced content engineer, with experience working in a small or rapidly expanding company, or a desire to do so
- Excellent command of written English, able to write in a clear and engaging way without sacrificing technical accuracy
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of audiences with clarity and precision
The work is often challenging and fast paced. We are looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Passion for quality
- People-centric work habits, with an interest in building relationships with key stakeholders
- Self-starter and able to work from own initiative with sound judgement and clear decision-making attributes
- Attention to detail, particularly when it comes to grammar, syntax, and writing style
- Flexible and pragmatic approach
And most importantly, a small-company attitude: willingness to adapt to a variable role and a great can-do attitude.
Salary & Benefits
We believe in giving you the resources you need so that innovation can thrive.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer:
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Share growth scheme
- Training and mentoring schemes
- Career growth opportunities
- Free Friday team lunches at our Cambridge, London & Atlanta offices
- Quarterly social, team building events
- Weekly lunchtime sports clubs
- Fridges packed full of edible treats and drinks for lunches and snacks
- Freshly ground coffee and a selection of hot drinks
- Board game evenings
- Cycle to Work scheme