About the role and about You:
You will work together with an amazing engineering team to architect, design and help build our Data Platform that allows the entire company to work with data. You and the team will own the process of defining, designing and implementing the end-to-end data pipelines including data ingestion, rationalization, transformation, storage and query, in the context of both conventional and big data technologies. You will work with a broad range of our engineering team, like data engineers, full stack, game, web, mobile, and devops engineers to lay down the back-end foundation of our data applications.
You will also work closely with data analysts and data scientists to provide the company with data that helps grow our business, retain our users, build a better product and drive decision making.
We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment and being an agent of change to help build a world-class experience for our customers. As a Data Architect on the team, you will be expected to help mentor the other engineers on your team, and cross-teams, and help the company make sound technical decisions while implementing world class software. You will be measured not only by what you can do but how you make everyone else around you more productive. Leadership capabilities, cross-functionally collaboration, timely feedback for individuals, understanding of alignment and accountability, and growth-mindset are some of the competencies we look for this role.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and launch data pipelines in production environments.
- Work with state of the art data technology stacks.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Have ownership, along with the team, regarding data technologies to be used, processes, and engineering decisions.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Advanced Experience with Programing Languages such as Java, Python, Ruby or Scala.
- Advanced Experience with both Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Effective technical mentor to other engineers and enjoy doing it
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Cloud Based Environments such as AWS
- Advanced knowledge in Linux
- Knowledge of shell programming tools
- Advanced Experience with Data Lakes
- Experience with Big Data technologies and solutions (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Airflow) and multiple scripting and languages (YAML, Python, Scala, Java).
- Experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, Aurora, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, Glue and others.
- Experience with data visualization models, data marts, BI data stores, and SQL query optimizations.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All