What You’ll Do:
The Senior People Experience Partner will serve as the primary People resource for our Rio office and also as a key member of the global People leadership team. You’ll partner with the global People team to deploy a progressive, professional, and fun People strategy focussed on employee experience.
This is a newly created role to help build Zwift’s infrastructure, programs, and processes for scale; and to provide functional expertise, partnership to business leaders primarily in Rio. You’ll bring creative and operational know-how and high EQ to achieve the best outcomes with all levels of the organization through honest, direct and inclusive communications. The ideal candidate will thrive in a global company environment, with prior experience operating as a satellite to a US based HQ and partner well with local management teams as well as HQ based leaders; balancing both needs with finesse. This isn’t a stand alone, independent role more a key global team member with a geographically aligned client group.
You are a seasoned People Business Partner and are well versed and highly capable of anticipating, defining and implementing the right solutions for our people. You know what employee experience really means and can articulate it’s value to a business. Your number one priority is to cultivate that experience everyday.
You know the ins and outs of the People function and have experiences to share about coaching first-time leaders, leading talent reviews, developing training solutions, inclusion and engagement programs and- partnering with the other People managers all along the way.
You’re motivated by creating, implementing and maturing programs, policies and procedures to support a dynamic growth business and can demonstrate balancing aspiration with the practical, operational and tactical elements to get things done.
Naturally, you’ll be a Cultural steward and champion Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging - leading by example, challenging bias and driving active and conscious inclusion in all aspects across the organization. You agree that when people feel like they belong, they thrive; and you strive to create this experience for everyone, everyday.
- Deploy the People strategy, capabilities and processes necessary to serve as the primary People Partner to the London team.
- Understand the business strategy so that you may adapt People plans for each business leader you support to achieve the desired, aligned strategic outcome.
Partnerships & Collaboration:
- Effectively partner the with HQ team to ensure alignment on global People initiatives
- Serve as the primary People Team liaison to department heads, with specific responsibility for coaching and guiding leaders on the best people strategy to meet business needs.
- Partner with the full People Team (Talent Engagement, Workplace Experience and Social Impact) to ensure that our processes and programs meet the needs of our business systemically
Capability & Workforce Planning:
- Collaborate with the HQ People team and leaders to understand and anticipate hiring & development needs against the capabilities they need to deliver business objectives. Prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts to help inform UK key people choices and initiatives.
Hiring & Onboarding:
- Assist with the hiring & onboarding process, including coaching managers on how to shape job descriptions, how to interview for fit and how to onboard to ensure fast acclimation to our culture.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Partner to make sure your business area receives great pay and benefits. Be a resource for questions and feedback on the payroll process, compensation & benefits administration across the full employee lifecycle.
Guidelines and Expectations:
- Champion our values and policies, so everyone knows what is expected of them and what is available to them as Zwift team members.
- Develop and implement proactive ER strategies that preserve a fun, engaging environment; resolve issues quickly when they arise and enable people to thrive.
Feedback & Reporting:
- Track and monitor the effectiveness of our people practices and programs and ensure we are operating effectively.
- Create the environment for Watopians to give and receive feedback openly and ensure we champion our values to “Always Level Up” and “One Zwift for All”.
You’ll have these skills and experiences:
- People over HR mindset a progressive outlook with an engaging and fun style (not the “policy police” HR) and demonstrated delivery of the Art & Science of People leadership.
- At least six years of People Partnering experience within a fast-paced, growing tech company.
- Excellent knowledge around employment law; SME for all local regulatory and compliance subjects relating to employment law
- Solid understanding of small company dynamics which includes the ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, constant changing, adaptability and flexibility; operate with urgency and also for the long-term value.
- Strong problem solving skills and business acumen. There is a lot of work ahead and we need someone who excels at building something from nothing, but is strategic and knows how to scale.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management.
- Ability to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support decisions and be able to represent them in a visually compelling manner.
- Outstanding program and project leadership and delivery experience; overseeing high impact People or Talent programs.
- Experience of company incorporation practices from a people perspective
- Experience with M&A a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A reputation of unquestionable integrity, high EQ and an inclusive mind-set.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All