Domino is helping the world run on models and created a new product category for data Scientists. Data Science teams at model-driven companies use our platform to accelerate breakthrough research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deliver high-impact models. Our customers are sophisticated analytical organizations who use Domino to develop new medicines, increase crop yields, fight child trafficking and more. Backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading investors, we are well capitalized and now growing our business in response to tremendous market demand and product-market fit.
As a Staff Software Engineer on Workbench you will be an integral part of Domino’s growing engineering organization and will be driving the adoption of application front-end frameworks, as well as software development best practices. You will work with technical leaders in engineering and be involved in product and design discussions to influence and deliver UI/UX into our product. Last, but not least, you will help build the skills of your fellow engineers by setting examples of high-quality code delivered and peer reviews.
You’re wonky about Angular.js, React, or Vue.js, you work efficiently, you foster a collaborative environment, and you are open to new ideas. You dream in domain models, UI components, and you contribute to design and implement an elegant but comprehensive API that backs up your user experience.
- Develop, maintain and ship user-facing features
- Build and leverage front end reusable code and libraries
- Interact with product managers and UX designers to understand product requirements
- Set standards and contribute to front-end frameworks, patterns, style guides, and standards
- Develop low-latency, performant, and scalable front end codebases.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering quality web applications or components
- Proficiency with a modern frontend technical stack (ES6, React + Redux, Typescript). React is preferred, but deep experience with Angular and Vue may also be considered
- Experience working with modern front-end build tools and practices (e.g. Node, NPM, Yarn, WebPack).
- Egoless and mission focused
- Desire to meet world-class data scientists and grok how they work
- Experience managing a React/Redux project
- Deep knowledge and understanding regarding Typescript best practices
- Experience with Ant Design component library
- Experience with Storybook or similar UI component explorer is a strong plus, along with experience building comprehensive, modular component libraries based on design systems
- Experience with JVM-related technology, preferably Scala. Experience with the Play framework is especially desirable