At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What We Are Building
Domino is assembling a world-class Solutions team dedicated to furthering our mission to unleash the power of data science. Our platform supports our customers' crucial Data Science projects such as vaccine research, identifying a cure for cancer, and protecting endangered species. Solution Architects play a vital role in both pre-sales and post-sales customer engagements. You will be joining a growing team that is part of a strategic initiative to expand our solution architecture advisory services, with an opportunity to shape the direction of the organization.
What Your Impact Will Be
Solutions Architects will join us in tackling cutting-edge problems such as provisioning Kubernetes clusters, crafting and deploying highly-available services for dynamic cluster orchestration, and figuring out how to automate it all from scratch in a reproducible, reliable manner. You will work closely with many parts of the organization such as Sales, Deploys, Field, and application Engineering to ensure they can function frictionlessly and achieve their goals. We’re looking for senior candidates with strong professional experience working as consultants prior to joining our team. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, demonstrating a “can-do” attitude, flexibility and resiliency.
- Develop software solutions that improve the lifecycle of Domino deployments and infrastructure
- Create technical and architectural designs, and communicate them in writing, whiteboard sessions, and in-person or via video conference to customers and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Review customers’ architecture and offer design pattern improvements via modern technical solutions.
- Inform and develop efficient tooling to accelerate on-prem and cloud-based deployment efforts of Domino Data Lab products.
- Contribute to industry best practices and standards for Agile/Scrum Frameworks adopted by Domino such as daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, retrospectives, sprint reviews, demos, and analytics via systems (JIRA) administration; directly supporting the Product Management and wider Domino organization.
- Help attract, hire, and mentor our next Solution Architects
- Support field and engineering teams in delivering on customer requirements as a general technologist.
- Previous customer-facing consulting experience 5+ years of solutions architecture experience or experience working as a solutions engineer working with cloud IaaS technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Openshift
- Experience with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Superior Communication & Documentation Skills
- Infrastructure and configuration automation (Terraform, Helm, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with the Linux ecosystem (Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Strong troubleshooting skills (Networking, Storage, Logs, Ticket/Bug Triage)
- Server Administration/Scripting experience (Shell, Python)
- Experience with modern software components (Nginx, Mongo, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, JVM, Play)
- Previous exposure to MLOps or Data Science DevOps
- SSO and IAM concepts exposure (Roles, Sessions, Tokens, Trusts, etc…)
- Experience with on-premises high-performance computing and storage systems (Hadoop, Spark, NVIDIA DGX, Infiniband-based storage)