At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
The Workbench-Access Data team at Domino is responsible for developing the integrations with data applications, systems and sources that data scientists rely on for their model development and analytics work. Our mission is to make access to data seamless and comprehensive such that data scientists can incorporate data into their workflows without worrying about how. We take satisfaction in making data access so ubiquitous that data scientists can derive insights and produce predictions knowing that they have the full availability of data, whether internal or external at their disposal for any scenario.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team and work on mission critical projects including but not limited to:
- Revamping our internal construct for Domino managed data so as to improve data science workflows incorporating enhancement requests from our users
- Helping build out and improve the data access platform integrating with a large percentage of external data sources with first-class self-service, security and robust plugin architecture
- Extending our data access offering to have deeper integration with discovery, exploration and management of data within seamless data science workflows
What your impact will be
- You will get to design, implement and define a scalable, reliable and maintainable data access platform that will make data scientists more productive and data science more effective
- You will get to experience the impact of your work by observing the growing Domino install base in a variety of companies in different industries where there are varying degrees of data access needs
What We Look For in This Role
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality. Experience with distributed systems, data platforms and technologies related to Big Data, Kubernetes, AWS/cloud technologies are necessary
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define your team’s vision and roadmap
- Coach and develop engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply