At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
What the Modeler Team does:
- We maintain the bpmn.io project which includes 100+ open source repositories providing excellent web-based tooling for viewing and editing BPMN and DMN in a browser (and other low-level functionalities required to achieve that)
- Based on bpmn.io, we build BPMN and DMN editor desktop applications which our users love
- By providing powerful, easy to use and hackable libraries, we support other Camunda teams to integrate excellent graphical modeling experiences into their products
- We combine dedicated Engineering, Product Management, and UX capacity in our team
What you’ll do:
- Craft software that supports people to communicate process and decision knowledge via BPMN and DMN
- Get the freedom and flexibility to drive the design and implementation of new features
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and other Engineers during scoping, implementation and final review of your changes
- Contribute towards a great developer-experience, e.g., by automating complex tests, deployments, or monitoring activities
- Discuss architectures and technologies and propose changes to improve our libraries
- Be empowered to make your own decisions while getting help and input of your teammates at the same time
- Dedicate 10% of your working time on your own passion projects
What you’ll bring along:
- You have finished a technical Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (Mathematics, Business Informatics, etc.)
- Inspired to build excellent graphical tooling - open-source, hackable and with love for the web
- Knowledge of modern web standards (HTML5, CSS, SVG, ...) and state of the art application development
- Real passion for usability and interest in user interface and API design
- Pragmatism and passion to discuss, dissect and apply technology
- The ability to pursue complex challenges, together with your team
- Knowledge about modeling notations, experience with backend technologies and an open-source mindset is a plus
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval.
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work from home
- Competitive Salary & Full Benefits, including incl. 30 days of paid vacation
- Free Sports Club passes
- Free German and English classes
Camunda is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/.