We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our marketplace area and related customer channels.
You will assume line management of existing fullstack and backend engineers owning:
- Supplier-Customer-Communications, built in Java / Spring
- Support and Tooling for suppliers and internal stakeholders
Enable suppliers with the right tools to sell more great experiences for GetYourGuide’s customers.
Engineering Managers report to a Senior Engineering Manager and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Engineer with Java /PHP/node.js stack
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience developing projects in a microservice architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce or travel space
- Prior experience in scale-up environments
- Experience with various technologies
What we offer
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected]
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.