We need a fixer, a problem solver, a been there done that kind of person to join our growing Test & Release team in Watford.
You will be someone who has managed small teams and someone who has trained graduates and new recruits before. You have not just done it, you have enjoyed it, you get a kick out of it and have an appetite to do more of it.
You will be the eighth member of the Test & Release team and report to our Test & Release team leader, Simon. The team is weighted towards more junior members right now, bright and capable individuals with a real hunger to learn. You will be a crucial part of enabling their growth and will be pivotal in this teams continued success.
You will need to live relatively close to our Watford office, situated on the Croxley Business Park. The rest of the team already do and although right now we are working remotely, when we begin to move out of COVID we will work a balance of in the office and work from home.
Now, this role is still extremely hands-on, and the majority of your time will be spent getting your hands dirty. The Watford R&D team develops the infrastructure which provides the StarLeaf cloud service. Some of the work you can expect to within this includes:
- Working with developers to manage issues through to successful resolution via Jira
- Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood
- Designing test plans for new features and upcoming products
- Testing components within the StarLeaf Cloud infrastructure
- Discovering, investigating and reporting defects accurately
- Triaging and prioritising defects
- Liaising with project managers, developers and experts to continually develop product knowledge
- Operational support of the StarLeaf cloud testing environment
- Upgrade and maintenance of the StarLeaf test infrastructure
You will be exposed to various technologies and processes, including but not limited to IP networking, Agile development, Jira, TestRail, Git/SVN, Saltstack, release processes and a range of operating systems we support our products on.
A little bit about StarLeaf
At StarLeaf, we bring people together from anywhere with world-class video meetings. Whether it's meeting room systems or desktop and mobile apps, our intuitively simple, secure and reliable solutions make meetings effortless.
StarLeaf is a dynamic and vibrant place to work; we're growing fast, in an exciting and rapidly changing market. We've been in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the last four years, and in 2019 and 2020 we were recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions.
Collaboration, creativity and inclusivity are a crucial part of our culture. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a role to play in our success, and we reward everyone for their contribution. We pay well, and every permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through its share option scheme.
If you are still reading this then great, thanks for taking the time to read and we hope this role sounds interesting to you. Apply now, and you will hear back from us very soon.