You will become the eight-member of our subteam that works on the development of StarLeaf's core cloud infrastructure. This team has a blend of experienced engineers and some engineers that joined us as graduates and have been with us for a couple of years. If you are a junior or mid-level engineer, we feel that your level of experience will add to what is already a beautifully blended team.
We make extensive use of continuous integration and deployment methodologies based on tools such as Salt, Jenkins/Buildbot, pytest, C++ Catch and homegrown automated system test frameworks, with an emphasis on high quality, well-tested code and a quick turn around time for adding new features to our products. This makes for a fast-paced and satisfying work environment with direct feedback from our customer base into the development process.
Aspects of the role include:
- Analysis of requirements and invention of the best solution.
- Taking responsibility for an area of functionality and delivering it.
- Contributing to top-level discussions on architecture and future features.
- Development of your own ideas.
Our teams are highly technical and we all share a common enthusiasm for solving difficult problems with a wide range of technologies, from cutting-edge to well-established.
- We like to see bright people who can demonstrate an evident passion for technology.
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas – advanced object orientated design in C++ or Python, development in a Linux environment, a detailed understanding of database technologies such as SQL, Elastic Search or Cassandra, TCP/IP networking, high performance real time systems, Linux kernel development.
- We like to see people who can bring ideas to the table. This is closely aligned to the passion we look for, we hope you get a buzz from our products and be passionate about helping us evolve.
- Implementing or using REST APIs, eCommerce systems for subscriptions, and billing would be nice to have.
A little bit about StarLeaf
At StarLeaf, we bring people together from anywhere with world-class video meetings. Whether it's meeting room systems or desktop and mobile apps, our intuitively simple, secure and reliable solutions make meetings effortless.
StarLeaf is a dynamic and vibrant place to work; we're growing fast, in an exciting and rapidly changing market. We've been in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the last four years, and in 2019 and 2020 we were recognised as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions.
Collaboration, creativity and inclusivity are a crucial part of our culture. We believe everyone at StarLeaf has a role to play in our success, and we reward everyone for their contribution. We pay well, and every permanent StarLeaf employee becomes a shareholder through its share option scheme.
How we are working through COVID
Right now, we are all working remotely. A couple of the members of this team were and will continue to be 100% remote. When we move away from COVID restrictions, having someone who lives a commutable distance to our Watford office and can work a combination of in the office and from home is our preference. Although, if you are seeking 100% remote work, we can consider this if this is something you have already done before and feel comfortable doing.
- Competitive Salary.
- Salary review annually.
- EMI share options scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- Assistance with relocation expenses if applicable.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. If this sounds like you apply now and we are here to answer any questions you may have.