Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA or Remote
About the role and about You:
We are seeking our first People System Manager (otherwise known as HRIS Manager). This person will report to our head of Total Rewards and maintain our HR system, Workday. This is a new role in an expanding people function created to build Zwift’s infrastructure, programs, and processes for scale. This critical position will partner with the broader people team and key stakeholders in IT, Finance, and Legal to provide functional expertise.
You are a seasoned technology HR leader with broad experience in deploying People-focused technology solutions. You are familiar with various cloud-based deployment methodologies and system capabilities. You have operated in complex, fast-paced environments where the answer is not always easily apparent. You have a strong desire to partner with key stakeholders to develop solutions that best serve the company as a whole. You can anticipate challenges, and you pride yourself in developing realistic, feasible solutions. You have a keen eye to build simple but powerful tools that provide an outstanding user experience.
You know what great employee experience means and its value to a business, and your #1 priority is providing that experience through technology.
In a nutshell, the HRIS Manager ensures our people technology ecosystem is set up for efficiency and scalability and that the deployment of new technologies run smoothly and achieve the maximum benefit for the company.
What you’ll do:
- Help define the People Technology ecosystem, including the appropriate technologies to support key initiatives.
- Understand the business strategies and priorities and partner with the broader People team to help develop the People Technology roadmap.
- Provide recommendations that drive best practices in process engineering, and all other technical aspects of the People Technology space.
- Operate as a thought partner and expert consultant to the People Leadership team.
- Primarily responsible for the deployment of the cloud-based core HCM and appropriate additional modules as needed.
- Manage all aspects of the technology deployment, including managing the project plan, vendor/partner engagement, executing project deliverables, maintaining the budget, and ensuring proper program governance and management.
- Act as the People team liaison to key stakeholders to ensure technology decisions are inclusive and yield the most favorable outcome for the company.
- Partner closely with any external partners and consultants to achieve all program objectives within the set timeline and budget.
- Partner with the People Team members to execute the technology deployments.
What we’re looking for:
- Cloud-based HR technology deployment experience is a must. Workday experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding of small but rapidly growing company dynamics which includes being able to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with various stakeholders, not just technical experts. You can synthesize an idea or concept and make it easy for others to understand and get to a solution.
- A progressive outlook and approach to technology with an engaging and fun personality and demonstrated delivery of the Art & Science of the People function.
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen. There is a lot of work ahead and we need someone who excels at building something from nothing, but is strategic and knows how to scale.
- Attention to detail with quick execution. We need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support decisions.
- Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated experience in technology leadership, data management, and overall project management.
- Understand change management strategies – enables others to learn and thrive from the solutions you create.
- Outstanding program and project leadership and delivery experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills & high EQ.
- About 5+ years of people technology implementation experience with fast-paced, growing tech companies
- A reputation of unquestionable integrity.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All