Hi, we’re Nexthink. We’re not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees’ experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we’ve surpassed $100M in ARR, and we’ve recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we’re just getting started.
Nexthink is looking for a Senior Director of Cloud Engineering and Operations who is passionate about building and running a high-performance cloud platform and cloud operations. The candidate will drive the development and management of the infrastructure for Nexthink’s multi-tenant, microservices-based cloud platform. The platform has multiple instances deployed across the globe.
You will also be responsible for working closely with Engineering on maturing our CI/CD pipeline to ensure high quality product releases. You should have demonstrated strong technical and organizational skills in managing large cloud platform engineering and operations for a Saas product company.
The role will report to the CTO and work closely with the heads of Architecture, VP of Engineering, Security, Support, Product Management and Sales leadership in driving the development and delivery of the next generation digital employee experience platform.
You will bring a strong SRE mind-set to your role and drive the adoption of SRE industry best practices.
The Senior Director Cloud Engineering and Operations’ responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all DevOps functions within the engineering organization including defining and implementing software development tools & processes for continuous integration and deployment of services to the cloud.
- Own automation for delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-code and monitoring-as-code.
- Responsible for building and managing services availability, performance, and scalability in production environments to enable business-defined SLAs.
- Collaborate with the development organization to manage micro-services at scale on the platform.
- Define, measure, and exceed SLOs for business-defined SLAs: ensure uptime and performance, create predictive alerting infrastructure, monitoring dashboards and resolution playbooks for handling anticipated issues.
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure a high-quality product is developed and deployed in production.
- Work closely with the architecture and security teams to define and implement enterprise-grade practices.
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a strong cloud engineering and SRE team.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years’ in cloud operations engineering leadership roles in SaaS companies
- 5+ years in a senior management/leadership role, leading large SRE and Cloud Operations teams
- Deep understanding and experience working with one of the three major Cloud Service Providers running native cloud technologies based on Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka at scale
- Experience working with modern CI/CD and automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience building, scaling & monitoring infrastructure needed for SaaS-based application and services. Experience with APM and Infrastructure monitoring tools such as Datadog, NewRelic, Dynatrace, etc.
- Managed on-call 24x7 rotation teams, to serve global customers
- Experience creating a strong and passionate customer-focused SRE-driven operations culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile software engineering best practices
- Excellent communications in English
We are nearly 700 employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create Apply now