Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is growing rapidly. We are engaged in a constant, escalating fight against malware writers who play by no rules. As a result, we face challenges requiring more than just intelligence and technical fluency. Of equal importance are flexibility, independence, a drive to learn new skills, and a creative approach to problem-solving. We’re looking for Software Developers with at least 2 years of programing experience interested in cyber security, false positive prevention, develop automated CI/CD processes, create custom built applications, and scripting languages. We’re not looking for people who know all the answers; we want people who can create solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain automation and test tools for Windows and Linux applications.
- Create local databases for internal application processing
- Engineer and automate CI/CD processes around source control management systems to drive continuous delivery of business applications
- Build automation for the administration and monitoring of several sets of virtualized systems running various Linux and Windows versions hosting complex build systems.
- Research new technologies and integrate into build systems
- Automate the generation of dashboards, diagrams, and reports showing the current state of the CI/CD workflows.
- Develop automated processes to examine incoming suspicious samples and determine whether they are malware or not and disposition those samples accordingly
- Develop automated processes to integrate with product development teams in a collaborative environment following an agile methodology
- Work closely with IT operations to maintain continuous availability of internal systems and supports users of these systems across development, QA, Product Management, Support, and others
- Empower your fellow developers by building automated systems and applications to proactively communicate, document, unit-test, and peer review
- Demonstrated development and automation technical capabilities are a must, as are people skills. This position requires an ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Investigate and implement new technologies to improve infrastructure and engineering agility
- Work and learn independently: develop superior automation tools and systems while building new skills
- Tools you’ll use:
- Distributed source control systems like Git and TFS
- Jenkins continuous integration service
- Artifact management with Artifactory (Nuget, Docker, Cocoapods, Gems)
- Code compilation with multiple variations of Visual Studio/MsBuild/dotnet
- Scripting Languages (Python, PowerShell, Batch, Bash, AppleScript)
- Unit testing tools
- Microsoft Office Suite
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering Computer Science or equivalent education / experience
- Strong development ability, with a proven record of supporting software development teams
- 2 years of experience in Software Development Lifecycle Management/Configuration Management concepts including continuous integration, continuous delivery, reproducibility, traceability, etc.
- Familiarity with malware and computer security concepts
- Demonstrated Scripting skills and an eagerness to automate
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle Management/Configuration Management concepts including continuous integration, continuous delivery, reproducibility, traceability, etc.
- Experience with software development using .Net, C++, .Net Core, gradle.
- Strong analytical thinking with a proven record of developing systems and applications to automate software development team processes
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Open source projects or collaborations you've worked on
- Jenkins CASC for multiple environments
- JenkinsFile job processing and library formatting
- Python script library formatting
- Environment automation with Docker and Ansible
- Release frameworks like Fastlane
- Experience with malware testing or security systems using tools, automated systems, etc.
- Experience with storage technologies & arrays e.g. NFS, SANs
- Familiar with general Networking concepts
- Has worked with various Operating Systems - Windows XP to Windows 10
- Configuring and using Virtual Machines with VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiar with Windows configuration, installation, updates, and maintenance
- Experience with other Operating Systems
- Experience working in a team utilizing agile methodologies
- Any other interesting tools, such as AD, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, F5
What We Offer
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff