Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for an experienced digital marketer to help us increase growth and amplify our brand — globally. You’ll be a paid search (SEM) advertising ninja who knows the role this channel plays in a well-rounded integrated marketing plan.
The right person must have an understanding of digital advertising for all channels such as organic search (SEO), Paid Social (FB/IG, LinkedIn, Reddit, Quora, Pinterest) and Display with an intermediate level understanding of paid search (SEM) the channel performance in which you will be accountable for growing. You will be responsible for crafting the strategy, managing your budget, and be an integral team player ensuring that we hit our acquisition goals for growing international presence.
You should apply if you’re a digital marketing maven who loves to think outside the box (but really), and setting up tests to optimize for greatness. Or love reading things published by i.e. Search Engine Land, Moz, Seth Godin as much as catching up on your horoscope! You like love using data to make decisions, leveraging insights to evaluate and enhance our acquisition channels with creative strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- This role will begin as an individual contributor working cross-functionally, with our larger growth marketing team as well as various teams throughout Malwarebytes like brand marketing, product marketing, web development & platforms and product management
- This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Paid Search (SEM), with a specific focus on growing international paid search rank and impression share in EMEA and APAC
Growth & Acquisition
- Reach as many customers as possible with Malwarebytes’ industry-leading line-up of cybersecurity solutions – both consumer and business
- Manage budget/targets and allocate marketing investment to drive ROI
- Analyze test results, develop new segments, and work alongside the rest of the performance marketing team to improve KPIs and ROAS
- Experience with multi-touch attribution and media mix models
- Champion your digital marketing strategy through strong recommendations, while partnering closely with internal teams to ensure that the customer experience is as seamless as possible
- You’ll lead the strategy, budget allocation, and campaign execution working with your teammates for the optimal marketing mix
- Conduct competitive analysis and stay informed on marketplace changes and how they could impact performance for paid search (SEM)
- Conduct thorough keyword research for optimization, on an ongoing basis and sharing insights cross-functionally to help craft performing content
- Familiarity with growing bid win success against non-brand impression volume, and driving revenue from more competitive search queries
- Understand the relationship between SEO and SEM, as well as backlinking and domain/page authority strategy
- Constantly optimizing for strategic impression share / volume, ad quality scores, ad extensions, CTR% and CPC
- Analyze data and trends to identify opportunity areas for campaign optimization and expansion
- Understanding of expanded text ads (ETA) and responsive search ads (RSA)
- Develop roadmaps for: channel optimization, creative testing, landing page optimization, and audience expansion across your channels to ensure performance targets are met.
- Provide updates to the growth marketing team on performance, results, and marketing initiatives on a weekly and monthly basis
- Collaborate with team leaders to build forecasts and budget plans to meet international revenue targets for Paid Search (SEM) acquisition channels
- Manage and report on campaign performance, KPIs, and metrics
- Understanding of traditional and emerging channels used for acquiring and retaining customers, including some combination of SEM, programmatic Display, Paid Social, Video, and offline channels
- Develop, deploy, and rapidly iterate your digital marketing growth strategy to drive double-digit growth through prospecting and remarketing via channels you own—paid social and paid display
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills with the capacity to work independently if needed:
- College or Bachelor’s degree. Note, all candidates with proven track-records of success growing successful SaaS companies will be considered regardless of formal post-secondary education.
- Google Analytics Beginner and Advanced Certification – will be verified
- Must have the following Google Ads Certifications: Google Ads Search, Google Ads Display, Google Ads Video and Shopping Ads
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Bing Ads, in addition to Google Ads.
- 5+ years’ of experience in digital marketing, focus on SaaS preferred
- 2+ years' experience growing Paid Search (SEM) programs outside of North America
- Proven track record of leading performance-driven marketing which resulted in growth
- Fundamental knowledge across digital marketing channels (e.g. SEO, SEM, social, display and content optimization) and marketing analytics platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment and ok with failing, and repurposing as a motivation tool for growth
- Great people skills, collaborative, and one who is a masterful listener
- Obsessive about data and using it to drive your channel performance and success
- Resourceful, self-starter comfortable with autonomy
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- 25 days annual leave
- When our offices are open: stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff – when it’s safe to gather again, but we host some pretty fun Zoom activities and hangouts too!
- This role can be office based or Remote