Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Reporting to the Audit Committee with support by the Chief Accounting Officer, the Senior Manager, Internal Audit and SOX compliance will have responsibility for Internal Audit (IA) function. He/she will partner with internal stakeholders to help design, build and execute a world-class IA program and be responsible for driving SOX compliance program for all business cycles and entities, which includes understanding the overall financial control environment, coordinating documentation, scoping and testing, identifying and evaluating deficiencies, as well as providing controls guidance for process and system changes.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish the IA function worldwide
- Perform annual planning of the Company's IA and SOX compliance efforts (e.g., risk assessment, materiality, scoping, etc.)
- Manage and drive compliance of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) program and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, particularly for financial and entity level controls.
- Proactively identify and monitor process and system changes that result from our growth in transaction volume, international expansion, automation of processes, software application changes, accounting integration in connection with acquisitions and other areas of change that have a direct impact the Company's business risks, financial statements and related disclosures
- Perform testing of controls and review test work papers prepared by co-sourced service provider
- Identify and evaluate deficiencies, and collaborate with control owners on remediation of identified deficiencies
- Prepare reports to Senior Management on the status of the program
- Coordinate with external auditors for the audit of the Company's internal controls
- Perform any other Internal audit engagements, as requested by Management
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Minimum 6+ years of public accounting experience or SOX Audit experience at a multi-national public company or firm, Big 4 preferred.
- Accomplished in running enterprise-wide risk-based audit programs in an innovative, high growth environment.
- An appropriate certification in accounting and/or auditing is strongly preferred, including a CPA, CA and/or CIA
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Detailed and team orientated; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience with ERP systems, such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Zuora is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff