Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re pretty proud of all that too. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes seeks a software engineer to join our UI team in designing and implementing code for multiple products, including our latest privacy product, and running experimental builds with over 60,000,000 active users. This position will contribute to the overall architecture and design process, as well as implementing usability, and accessibility improvements in the application. The ideal candidate is personable and easy to work with, integrates well with a small team, works fast, and communicates effectively at all levels. Key to this creative role is curiosity, a desire to innovate, and the confidence to recognize the value in others’ contributions. This position is an excellent opportunity for any developer with a passion for graphics programming, UI, UX, and an interest in learning.
What You Will Do:
- Develop services and interfaces in C++ and Qt/Qml, as well as work with our growing .NET code base.
- Create production applications that integrate seamlessly with COM services and web APIs to provide an intuitive and delightful experience for our users.
- Work with different levels of stakeholders and team members to properly understand business requirements.
- Collaborate closely with team members to implement business inputs into features and applications.
- Participate in our agile/scrum process.
- Support the engineering team and help others benefit from your experience.
Skills You'll Need to Have:
- Strong proficiency in C++, C#, and an interest in learning the Qt framework
- Significant work experience in building rich user interface applications
- Experience with Windows APIs and Win32 programming
- Comfortable in Win32, HTML, WinForms, WPF
- Familiar with modern UX principles, and experience with UI design is a plus.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Qt and Qml a big plus.
- Experience with MFC a minor plus.
- Experience with applying dynamic translations to rich UI content.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and lots of other great stuff