We are on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed. People value the experiences- visit the Sydney Opera House in the sunset, a cruise in Whitsundays or experience the Great Barrier Reef. GetYourGuide is one of the world’s leading travel marketplaces for tours and activities with a strong position in Australia. We are now searching for a Destination Manager to help grow Australia. Based out of our Sydney office, your mission is to drive the performance of major cities throughout the region.
As a Destination Manager, you’ll be reporting to the Regional Manager of Australia and New Zealand, act as an entrepreneur, and be responsible for the acquisition of key attractions, activities, and new partners and suppliers.
As an evangelist of the GetYourGuide brand, you’re responsible for building strong business relationships and creating strategic supply advantages for us.
Sales team mission
Our Sales Team are customer advocates, always scouting and onboarding the best activities to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality. The team shapes the in-destination experience by negotiating for the best possible conditions for our customers.
- You will be responsible for your destinations' growth & recovery in revenue, product inventory and other initiatives that will positively impact our customers
- You will generate and leverage strong relationships with key decision makers in your destination tourism industry
- You will be responsible for the entire sales funnel from end to end: from acquisition, onboarding and optimisation, through the negotiation of conditions, closing and account management
- Perform frequent data analysis and take action based on findings
- You will be the expert about your destination and market landscape, staying on top of all internal performance metrics, the latest tourism trends and how to give customers access to incredible experiences.
- You will have a constant presence in the market; experiencing our products to discover customer pain points, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in B2B sales, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets, ideally with a background in the tourism/e-commerce environment
- You are a clear communicator with persuasive negotiation skills
- You have a flair with stakeholder relationships and acting as a brand ambassador
- You are fluent in English
- You are strong in data analysis and reporting
- You are proactive, result-driven, and solution-oriented
- You are passionate about traveling and you are willing to travel to meet the local partners
- You work well in a fast paced, startup environment with ambitious targets and deadlines
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth markets
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 60 nationalities in offices all over the world in a diverse culture where you are constantly learning and growing
- Annual personal learning budget
What you should know:
- Please note that GetYourGuide is not able to provide work permit sponsorship for this position. You need to be in Australia and eligible to work in Australia before we are able to consider your application.
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application. Apply now