We are on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed. People value the experiences- visit the Sydney Opera House in the sunset, a cruise in Milford Sound or experience the Great Barrier Reef. GetYourGuide is one of the world’s leading travel marketplaces for tours and activities with a strong position in Australia and New Zealand. We are looking for an experienced sales leader to drive the commercial performance of the region as well as to lead and grow the sales team.
As the Regional Manager you will lead the Sydney-based sales team. You will be responsible for the acquisition of key attractions and activity partners in the region, building strong business relationships, and creating strategic supply advantages for GetYourGuide as well as to lead and grow a team in the new reality we are in. You will report to the Director of Sales APAC who is based in Dubai.
- Manage, grow, lead and develop a best-in-class sales team that covers the entire ANZ with adapting to the new normal in terms of leadership and process.
- Build and nurture a positive team culture by leading by example, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture.
- Drive the commercial growth of the region by leading our attraction strategy, launching our Originals tours, acquiring new suppliers, optimising existing inventory, deepening and owning our relationships with existing key partners in order to grow our market share.
- Own the reporting and analysis of key metrics and acquisition goals, and exceed sales KPIs by effectively planning and managing our quarterly sales goals
- Develop and roll-out market-specific in-destination partnership opportunities ie affiliate programs, marketing campaigns, branding initiatives.
- Represent and strengthen GetYourGuide in the region by attending panels and trade events as well as build a strong network with the tourism bodies and DMOs.
- 8+ years experience in sales or account management, including 3+ years in managing a team.
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of online marketplace dynamics including the connectivity landscape.
- Strong operational leader with demonstrated success in driving growth, achieving tangible results, and planning and achieving KPI targets within the region
- Excellent analytical and data skills with the ability to build, create and maintain dashboards to assess the success of your region and your team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a strong will to win despite challenges
- Empathetic and supportive people manager with a proven track record of recruiting and developing outstanding talents
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with a strong win-win mentality and natural ability to build external and internal relationships across teams
- Travel industry and/or travel tech/tech experience as well as personal network
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth markets
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 60 nationalities in offices all over the world in a diverse culture where you are constantly learning and growing
- Annual personal learning budget
Does this description sound like you? If you’ve got the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and desire to be a part of our company culture, we’re looking forward to hearing from you. Apply now