Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Malwarebytes is looking for a Jr. Growth Marketing Manager to help us increase growth and amplify our brand — globally. You’re someone with an insatiable appetite for learning the latest hack-y tactics to drive growth. Digging into new ways to reach customers, and be a swiss-army knife when it comes to rolling up your sleeves in the spirit for high-tempo testing and implementing feedback loops to scale growth wins.
The right person must have an understanding of digital advertising for all channels such as organic search (SEO), Paid Social (FB/IG, LinkedIn, Reddit, Quora, Pinterest) and Display with an beginner to intermediate level understanding of paid search (SEM) the channel performance in which you’ll be working with the most. You will be an integral team player, floating across all channels and projects as an expansion pack ensuring that we hit our acquisition goals.
You should apply if you’re a digital marketing maven who loves to think outside the box (but really), and setting up tests to optimize for greatness. Or love reading things published by i.e. Reforge, Growthhackers.com, Search Engine Land, Moz, Seth Godin etc. as much as catching up on your horoscope! You like love using data to make decisions, leveraging insights to evaluate and enhance our acquisition channels with creative testing tactics.
What You’ll Do:
This role will begin as an individual contributor working cross-functionally, with our larger growth marketing team as well as various teams throughout Malwarebytes like brand and voice of the customer, product marketing, customer experience, web development, design, product management and engineering.
This role reports to the Director, 🚀 Growth Marketing, and dotted line to Sr. Manager, Paid Search (SEM) and Sr. Manager, Paid Social with a specific focus on bringing our team together to fire on all cylinders.
Growth & Acquisition:
- Reach as many customers as possible with Malwarebytes’ industry-leading line-up of cybersecurity solutions – both consumer and business
- Act as the glue that holds the growth team together, as an expansion pack hoving across all acquisition channels you have the ability to ideate and implement tests based on ideas/feedback loops and implement accordingly to scale with teammates
- Integrate new tools and processes into our existing martech stack to drive optimization and automation
- Own the management of Unbounce, and work with teams to develop landing pages for paid channel acquisition and testing of copy, messaging and concepts/ideas
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Paid Social and Display with testing new channels and technology to identify incremental audiences to accelerate growth
- Manage budget/targets and allocate marketing investment to drive ROI with testing
- Analyze test results, develop new segments, and work alongside the rest of the performance marketing team to improve KPIs and ROAS
- Champion your digital marketing strategy through working with channel owners
- Conduct competitive analysis and stay informed on marketplace changes and how they could impact growth and performance
- Understand the relationship between SEO and SEM, and multi-channel influencer - top of funnel vs. bottom funnel
- Analyze data and trends to identify opportunity areas for campaign optimization and expansion
- Provide updates to the growth marketing team on performance, results, and marketing initiatives on a ad-hoc projects / experiments
- Report on campaign performance, KPIs, and metrics for all channels as required
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- College or Bachelor’s degree. Note, all candidates with proven track-records of successfully growing SaaS companies will be considered regardless of formal post-secondary education.
- Google Analytics and Google Ads (Search) Certifications – will be verified
- Familiarity with Microsoft Bing Ads, in addition to Google Ads.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing, focus on SaaS preferred
- 1-2 years experience growing Paid Search (SEM) programs outside of North America
- Part of a team that collectively uses performance-driven marketing that resulted in growth
- Fundamental knowledge across digital marketing channels (e.g. SEO, SEM, social, display and content optimization) and marketing analytics platforms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment and ok with failing, and repurposing as a motivation tool for growth
- Great people skills, collaborative, and one who is a masterful listener
- Obsessive about data and using it to drive your experimental tests and success
- Resourceful, self-starter comfortable with autonomy
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff