Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
An experienced self-starter who wants to help build the capability of customer insights for a subscription business that spans both consumers and corporations. You are a quantitative and qualitative person who can do research with help of agencies and you love deriving insights that lead to product, marketing and sales innovation and growth. You know how to capture and synthesize disparate data streams across the organization to glean insights that will drive growth for the business. You thrive on empathy, curiosity and human understanding.
The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with exceptional research skills across both qualitative and quantitative methods, proven hands-on experience, a hunger to drive significant business impact/outcomes, and an orientation toward strategic thinking to drive product/brand growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute the learning agenda for customer insights.
- Partner closely with product, marketing and sales to ensure the voice of customer is clearly defined and prioritized.
- Highlight the white spaces and unmet needs for the teams to pursue.
- Help drive the global insights strategy and agenda for the company, working closely with marketing, sales, and product.
- Leverage first- and third-party knowledge to uncover and amplify the most actionable insights.
- Design and execute comprehensive, best-in-class qualitative and quantitative research solutions, at both the product and brand level.
- Partner with internal data-focused teams to develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans, to design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness.
- Measure the business impact of insights deliverables.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 8+ years of experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies such as segmentation, new product development, consumer journey, branding, ethnography, and focus groups.
- Proven expertise in leading insights projects from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing decision-making
- Effective engagement both at product level as well as on brand marketing/communications
- Communication and presentation skills with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen working with multiple large sources of data to create evidence-based insights
- Excellent communicator who can have nuanced, eye-level conversations with marketing and product leadership, data scientists, sales teams, and creative directors
- Strong cross-functional partner
- Quantitative survey design experience
- Brand Health tracking and NPS experience
- Experience working with syndicated research (e.g. Gartner, IDC) is preferred
- Experience with B2B technology audiences is preferred but not required
- Understanding of advanced analytics, including AI / machine learning, is preferred but not required
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff