Who We Are:
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
The Business Applications team at Malwarebytes is responsible for Business Intelligence and Analytics for our business teams and executives. We provide governed, curated data through a Snowflake data store – our Curated Data Store (CDS). We need a seasoned SQL Developer to build view layers and analyze data for financial reporting. The primary responsibility of this role is to work with FP&A on developing Key Metrics around financial, SaaS, and telemetry data. Will require working with stakeholders and analyzing varied sources of data to derive complex and universally accepted metrics. Need to have a strong understanding of financial systems and data.
This contractor role is a fully remote, work from home position, with a contract of 6 to 12 months.
What You’ll Do:
- Use SQL to build key metrics around financial data
- Analyze multiple sources of data and work with business owners to create derived views
- Work with Data Engineers to consume, conform, and curate large sets of Telemetry data
- Build sound metadata infrastructure to house data dictionary derived views
- Understand overall Business objectives of the Curated Data Store (CDS)
- Assist other team members with processes, tools and concepts
- Pursue advanced analytics / BI concepts (churn modeling, LTV, CAC)
- Contribute to objectives by working “hands-on”
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 5+ years’ experience with Financial Data Analytics
- Expert level skillset with SQL
- Experience with Financial Data, preferred with a SaaS company
- Knowledge of advanced financial concepts, revenue recognition, planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms, Snowflake preferred
- Demonstrated experience building calculations in BI/Reporting tools like Looker or Domo etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization and Data Modeling
- Understanding of business concepts
- Good written and oral communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with JIRA
- Python Experience
- Experience with Advanced Analytics (AI, Big Data, etc.)
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff