At Malwarebytes, we believe in a malware-free existence. We're the most effective, efficient, and easy to use endpoint security software. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. More than 60,000 enterprise customers worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. If you’re ready to help rid the world of malware, come join us.
Malwarebytes is looking for..
A talented resource with experience supporting the setup, deployment, and ongoing support of micro-services (Java, Ruby, Node.JS stateless applications) and infrastructure clusters (Kafka, Elasticsearch, RDS) inside of AWS. We are a 100% AWS shop, so strong technical competency in ECS, Lambda, API Gateway and other core services is important in addition to Linux web system debugging skills.
You will work within our engineering teams to provide both Infrastructure and CI/CD support for local projects. You will also work closely with Internal Tool SRE team who will provide resources and additional support as subject matter experts for all technologies which you will use. We are looking for engineers who are smart, motivated, and are dedicated to efficiency and collaboration.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide AWS subject matter expertise to the local development teams
- Write Terraform code to support development efforts
- Support FOSS technologies, such as Kafka
- Work across teams to suggest or contribute improvements to the platform modules and internal tools
- Assist developers with infrastructure support for production incident response
- Work collaboratively with developers on all new and existing projects
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Quick learner, who is able to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Extremely flexible with day to day duties and willing to continually learn new software
- Must have a collaborative personality, work well with others, and possess good communication and documentation skills
- Experience in supporting AWS cloud services, including ECS, Lambda, RDS
- An in-depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals, including networking, file systems, and security best practices
- Experience with Terraform or any other “infrastructure as a code” tool
- Experience with Python or Go development
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and tuning web services/APIs
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services or related field with at least 2 years of production Linux experience
Skills That Are Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Kafka and/or Elasticsearch
- AWS Professional Certifications
- Experience tuning PostgreSQL or MySQL databases
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Sports coverage
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks, fruit, and lunch options (when it’s safe again!)
- Parking Available
- Relocation Assistance Provided