At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
With significant early traction, we're working towards building our in-house Product & Engineering team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward - Our aim is to be Europe's fastest-growing startup in 2021.
We are looking for a full time, highly-skilled Staff Backend Engineer, who is comfortable with distributed and high performance systems.
You will be responsible for developing and designing a highly scalable and reliable system architecture, ensuring the responsiveness and availability of applications, working closely with the product, development and quality engineering teams.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up environment, as well as effectively collaborating with a fully remote development team
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
You'll develop and maintain reliable, fault-tolerant, and efficient services that enable the Hopin platform to deliver online and hybrid event experience to hundreds of thousands of customers across the globe
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing a highly scalable and resilient architecture that will scale with the growth of our customer base
- You will ensure that our services meet the highest standards for quality engineering and you will define the automated test strategy for all new development, as well as write impeccable documentation about the features, architecture, and support services that you ship
- You will enable multiple teams to deliver on business critical initiatives and meet ambitious KPIs on-time, with high quality, and by leveraging agile development best practices
- You will be the go-to person and a role model for multiple small development pods
The skillset of our backend experts is multidisciplinary, and we believe deeply in the value of inquisitive and generalist technical minds. Practical experience with one or more of the following areas of interest is preferred:
- Experience with designing fault tolerant, scalable and reliable microservice architectures
- Experience with developing distributed systems - message queues, scalable datastores, observability, orchestration
- Strong understanding of cloud and infrastructure best practices
- Solid experience working in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, with the ability to make practical tradeoffs and balance short and long term priorities
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) with excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative and business stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.