At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open-source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable, and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda.
Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, the United States, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Do you strive towards writing clean and maintainable code? Do you value collaboration, feedback, and taking on challenging tasks? Then come and work with us as a Backend Engineer in the Zeebe team, who is responsible for creating the next generation of workflow engine for our Camunda Cloud.
At the Zeebe Team
- We build the replicated and fault-tolerant workflow engine Zeebe which powers Camunda Cloud
- We use cloud native technologies to build and run our project in modern cloud environments
- We use state-of-the-art continues integration and chaos engineering to ensure the quality of our project
- We interact help other teams inside the organization to connect and interact with Zeebe
- We embrace open source technologies and foster a group of open source community extensions for Zeebe
- We don’t estimate - it’s done when it’s done!
*This is a remote role and can be based anywhere in EMEA.
What you'll be doing:
- Extend and improve our replicated and fault-tolerant distributed system
- Help to increase the BPMN coverage of our workflow engine
- Design and implement new user facing features based on customer and community feedback
- Help us continuously improving the reliability, stability and security of our project
- Continuously shared your knowledge with your teammates
- Support customers and the community to use and interact with our project
What you'll bring along:
- You have 5 or more years of experience as a Java Engineer
- You are passionate about writing clean and maintainable Java code
- You are familiar with or interested in distributed systems and workflow engines
- You are curious and always willing to broaden your horizon
- You think about the problem and ask the right questions before you start coding
- Strong analytical problem-solving and root-causing skills with attention to detail and consistency
- You value simplicity over complexity
- Bonus: You worked before with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus or Google Cloud
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!"
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: www.camunda.com/career/. Apply now