At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando’s online shop to NASA’s space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda. Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, United States, UK, Singapore and Australia.
Team / Department description:
Now we are looking for a Technology FP&A Analyst to support the FP&A department to establish a strong partnership with our Research & Development group. The best fit candidate should be experienced in cloud cost optimization and should work closely with the commercial FP&A analyst to ensure accurate forecasting revenue, billings, collections, expenses for cloud, and key metrics. This person will be critical as we define “success” for our R&D initiatives and track against it. Finally, this person will need a mindset of constant improvement, actively striving to automate and streamline whatever they touch.
This person will be an individual contributor, reporting to the Head of FP&A. We are a remote-first organization and this role can be based anywhere in Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Establishing yourself as the trusted ‘go-to’ person in FP&A for R&D.
- Creation and further development of reports and control-relevant key figures.
- Analysis and optimization of existing processes, including documentation and implementation.
- Forecasting hosting/cloud cost based on sales trends.
- Building Financial and non-Financial models from scratch.
- Good understanding of the Cloud billing process and best practices.
- Supporting the monthly close, including producing monthly reporting and variance commentary.
- Driving forecast accuracy improvement by conducting analysis, streamlining modeling, and developing ‘rules of thumb’ wherever possible.
What you’ll bring along:
The ideal candidate is somebody who has a positive attitude, is collaborative, embraces challenges, is flexible with change, exhibits strong judgment, possesses initiative and professionalism, and thrives in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- 4 – 7 years of FP&A work experience, with a strong record of career progression.
- Experience supporting a SaaS organization required.
- Experience forecasting revenue required.
- CMA preferred.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior Excel and Google Sheets skills.
- Adaptive Planning, NetSuite experience a plus.
- Innate ability to build relationships with and advise business partners, managers, and colleagues.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter who identifies what needs to be done, or should be done, and then does it.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.7 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
”Everyone is welcome at Camunda” — it’s a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application! Apply now