About the role and about You:
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you'll provide world-class tech support to fellow Watopians in a complex environment that moves at a lightning fast pace. You‘ll work independently, anticipating and responding to the needs of Watopians in technical distress. Your suite of tech-savvy skills will enable you to profile, build, procure, and install approved SW/HW, diagnose any emergent hardware and software ailments, and maintain the equipment Watopians use in their day to day work.
Your communication skills and friendly personality should set a Watopians mind at ease, knowing that they are in the right hands to fix their technical problems.
What you'll do:
- Be the owner of IT: investigate, troubleshoot, and fix problems when needed; utilize IT systems and procedures to continuously improve service methodology.
- Maintain, inventory, troubleshoot and repair computing infrastructure and hardware including printers, workstations, switches, Wifi and VPN.
- Communicate with the team, including leadership, to provide key problem status updates and ensure compliance with Zwift standards and security/compliance policies.
- Work with your peers in our Long Beach HQ to grow and evolve our current systems and tools, improving efficiency and collaboration between Watopians globally.
What we’re looking for:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or have 2+ years IT experience with a wide range of technology.
- Experience managing VPN, telecommunications, VoIP, and video conferencing.
- Experience with Google Workspace Administration.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Windows and OSX.
- Extremely customer-service oriented.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Jira Service Management or similar service desk software.
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
- Strong time management and organization skills; able to prioritize multiple requests effectively and autonomously.
- Displays a passion for improving systems, process-building, and documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to anticipate problems before they arise and take preventive action or escalate recommendations appropriately.
- Demonstrated alignment with Zwift’s mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Your communication skills and friendly personality should set a Watopians mind at ease, knowing that they are in the right hands to fix their technical problems.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All