Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
In Europe alone, millions of products are launched every year, each with up to 500 attributes and made by one of 300,000+ manufacturers. Prior to Alkemics, establishing a commercial relationship required numerous back-and-forths between retailers and brands, physically (in trade shows, for instance) or pseudo-digitally (fax, email, XLS templates...) and between various teams (procurement, category management, quality, CSR, e-commerce, marketing...). Because of this painful process, it often took more than 60 days to launch a product. This situation is unsustainable at a time where consumers are demanding a broader product choice, more local products, where Amazon and Alibaba are raising the bar of omnichannel efficiency, and at a time where Lidl and Aldi are setting a standard for productivity.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
Alkemics was founded in Paris in 2012. With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever, L’Oréal), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market. The business is now expanding internationally, starting with DACH and BENELUX. Along with international growth, the focus of the business is to leverage its platform and client relationships to build an end-to-end B2B marketplace with the ultimate vision of ordering directly within the platform.
Alkemics raised a total of $50M from tier-1 investors Index Ventures, Partech Ventures, Serena Capital and Cathay Innovation. Its latest funding round took place in April 2020, bringing in Highland Europe, a leading Growth VC. The business is made of 100 employees and is growing extremely rapidly.
Online marketplaces are now commonplace for C2C and B2C markets. This trend has started in B2B sectors too, driving tremendous value and economies of scale. Today, thanks to a captive user base, Alkemics is in a strong position to “platformize” the notoriously difficult retail space. Brands are keen to have their products discovered in a more efficient and elegant way. Retailers are interested in negotiating products more quickly. Brands also want to better control the product introductions within each store.
As our Marketing Project Manager, you will be the person responsible for events and you will also contribute to different marketing projects to generate leads.
Your key missions will be:
1. To manage events (both digital and physical) from end to end:
- Understand the business objectives of Alkemics and propose relevant events to attend or to organize (such as dedicated Alkemics webinars) in order to create brand awareness and to generate leads ;
- Manage entire projects: every single event should become your most precious project ;
- Handle logistics, service providers, as well as internal & external communication around the event ;
- Coordinate and mobilize internal stakeholders around the projects ;
- Drive and onboard the sales team ;
- Attend the events and make sure the learnings and the number of generated leads are shared to the stakeholders at the end.
- Collaborate with key contributors:
- Our Digital Marketing Manager to build the best digital communication strategy to maximize the number of attendees per event ;
- Our Graphic Designer to co-design the perfect event’s materials (banners, flyers, etc.)
2. To help to qualify the leads and to attribute them to the sales
3. To be a support for all the PR communications:
- Communicate the press releases on our website and social media ;
- Make regular analysis of press coverage
4. To be a support for the international development of Alkemics:
- Work in close collaboration with the ABM Director on the marketing strategy for new markets ;
- Build partnerships with new service providers