Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
In Europe alone, millions of products are launched every year, each with up to 500 attributes and made by one of 300,000+ manufacturers. Prior to Alkemics, establishing a commercial relationship required numerous back-and-forths between retailers and brands, physically (in trade shows, for instance) or pseudo-digitally (fax, email, XLS templates...) and between various teams (procurement, category management, quality, CSR, e-commerce, marketing...). Because of this painful process, it often took more than 60 days to launch a product. This situation is unsustainable at a time where consumers are demanding a broader product choice, more local products, where Amazon and Alibaba are raising the bar of omnichannel efficiency, and at a time where Lidl and Aldi are setting a standard for productivity.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
Alkemics was founded in Paris in 2012. With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever, L’Oréal), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market. The business is now expanding internationally, starting with DACH and BENELUX. Along with international growth, the focus of the business is to leverage its platform and client relationships to build an end-to-end B2B marketplace with the ultimate vision of ordering directly within the platform.
Alkemics raised a total of $50M from tier-1 investors Index Ventures, Partech Ventures, Serena Capital and Cathay Innovation. Its latest funding round took place in April 2020, bringing in Highland Europe, a leading Growth VC. The business is made of 100 employees and is growing extremely rapidly.
Online marketplaces are now commonplace for C2C and B2C markets. This trend has started in B2B sectors too, driving tremendous value and economies of scale. Today, thanks to a captive user base, Alkemics is in a strong position to “platformize” the notoriously difficult retail space. Brands are keen to have their products discovered in a more efficient and elegant way. Retailers are interested in negotiating products more quickly. Brands also want to better control the product introductions within each store.
Alkemics is growing, a lot (http://bit.ly/3f4pEly). In March 2021 we reached 120 employees, and we aim to be 200 by the end of the year.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will focus on growing the Alkemics team by sourcing, attracting and recruiting top talent with a main focus on tech roles. You will join the HR team composed of Marah, our HRD, and Bastien, our TA Manager.
You will, ultimately, help us find and hire the most qualified people for our open positions. You will also be a gatekeeper of our recruitment process, and will ensure that our newcomers (our Alkemists, as we like to call them!) are properly onboarded.
As part of your missions as a Senior Tech Recruiter, you will focus on:
- Work closely with members of the Top and Middle Management to define recruitment priorities: collaborate on the recruitment strategy, streamline our evaluation process, and improve our ability to attract top talent;
- Maintain a high level of communication with business partners, understand their populations and needs;
- Regularly over-communicate information such as candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, and performance data to hiring managers and key stakeholders;
- Manage and advise demanding stakeholders with high expectations (define priorities, collaborate on recruiting strategy, streamline our evaluation process, and improve our ability to attract top talent).
Recruitment and sourcing:
- You will be responsible for our R&D job openings (Engineering, QA, Data, Product, etc.) with one single obsession: Be the go-to-person for the successful hiring of our human resource needs;
- You will also, occasionally, work on non R&D roles: Operations, Sales, G&A, etc.
- Ensure a great candidate experience through an efficient and pleasant recruitment process;
- Become an expert in identifying and engaging passive talent;
- Engage the hiring team with clear guidelines and support.
Projects & Employer Brand
- Become a recognized figure in the community at large by attending various types of events;
- You will be highly involved in building our employer brand.