Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world.
In late 2019, to support our commitment to product innovation and drive growth, we launched our internal Incubator team. They’re tasked with the rapid development, testing, launching and scaling of new targeted products. The team launched three new offerings in 2020, Hootsuite Insights (Powered by Brandwatch), Brandwatch Reviews and Brandwatch for Education. And there are even more ambitious plans slated for 2021.
As a software engineer, you will:
- Work within a highly-skilled cross-functional team using technologies such as ES6, React/Vue, Node, and GCP
- Implement useful and beautiful features and data visualizations
- Help steer the direction of the Incubator team and the design and functionality of the prototypes, projects, moon shots, and revenue-generating products for which we are responsible
You will have;
It would be good to have;
- At least a few years of relevant industry experience
- A good programming-related degree or computer science or other technical background
- Experience with React or similar, with an understanding of MV*/Flux architectures
- Enthusiasm for keeping up with industry tools and best practices
- A desire to write clean and modular code, not just "something that works"
- An eye for elegant and modern design, and the ability to tell good from bad
- Comfort interacting with all levels of an organization, from interns to CEOs
The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the number of years of experience the company’s looking for, please apply and gain the opportunity to be considered.
- Experience with Git (a link to your GitHub account is a plus)
- Experience with with Node.js and Express
- Experience working with databases or document stores (PostgreSQL or MongoDB a is a plus)
- Experience with infrastructure or systems such as GCP, AWS, or Docker is a plus
- Experience with Java and writing REST-ful APIs a big plus
- Experience creating data visualisations with technologies such as D3, SVG, Canvas or WebGL is also a big plus
We offer: Flexible & remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable. Apply now