Our buying team sources everything our makers need for their projects across a variety of crafts. We’re looking for an energetic self-starter to join our global Buying Team and focus on driving the performance of our crafting categories. As the Associate Buyer, you’ll understand the fundamentals of retailing and develop your buying skill set, with lots of opportunities for advancement for the right candidate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the range of selected craft categories as they grow, understanding what products we need to add while maintaining SKU count, working capital and revenue targets.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Buying team, lead on building relationships with new suppliers and support on maintaining our sourcing relationships with our key strategic accounts.
- Work seamlessly with the Product Data team to ensure we have the right range in the right place for all product launches, including promotional, seasonal and category-specific.
- Generate and manage reports for the broader buying team, and perform other administrative functions to support the Retail Team.
- Maintain supplier relationships by responding quickly and accurately to questions and requests for information.
- Be the conduit between the Buying team and other internal stakeholders such as Purchasing, Pricing and Email.
- Facilitate and attend meetings with suppliers, including data analysis, presentation preparation and logistics support.
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years retail experience, with some previous Buying experience
- You have excellent analytical skills, and an understanding of retail math and strategy
- Excel experience
- You’re a self-starter and problem-solver - you’re always on the lookout for ways to better support your team and there’s never a moment with nothing to do!
- You’re extremely detail-oriented - you track down that missing piece of information.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy the fast-paced nature of working at a startup.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills. You understand tone and how to write an effective email.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Smart and kind.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Options over shares, Benefits schemes
- 25 holiday days pro rata and a day off for your birthday
- Inspiring, motivated and supportive team
- Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow your craft
- Remote working during pandemic and flexibility thereafter
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential. Apply now