Are you an ambitious email marketing exec looking for your next challenge where you can develop your talents? This is a great opportunity to join a talented marketing team to make a real impact in one of the biggest revenue driving channels in the business.
Reporting to the CRM Manager, your focus will be on our critically important email marketing channel: planning, testing and analysing different campaigns to encourage our large and growing number of subscribers to visit our craft websites, engage and purchase.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the CRM Manager to ensure the delivery of the CRM roadmap
- Working with the CRM team to produce weekly and monthly reporting and report performance to the wider company
- Working alongside the CRM Manager on the development of new CRM capabilities and technologies
- Establish best practices for exceptional email deliverability
- Ensuring the email database segmentation is effective for targeting our database with relevant communications
- Developing a testing and optimisation plan with ownership for its execution
- Managing end-to-end email campaigns in collaboration with the wider marketing team in Ometria, our email marketing platform.
- Working closely with our Category Managers to tailor the offers and featured products in our emails to our different markets
- You will make sure all emails align with the wider content plan and be constantly looking for new marketing angles to keep our subscribers engaged
- Creating dynamic email content for personalisation, dynamic creative and offer variations
- Writing engaging and compelling content in US and UK English for our newsletters
- Proof-reading and testing all email campaigns, ensuring copy and links are correct
- Ensuring accurate, consistent and timely completion of daily email builds
- Delivering and constantly improving our programme of automation campaigns
- Analysing email campaigns against established metrics to determine what works and what doesn’t with different consumers
- Ensuring our email html templates are updated and working correctly
Who you are
- You’re an ambitious digital marketer with solid experience in email marketing
- You have excellent experience of using an ESP
- You have an excellent ability to write engaging and effective copy in English
- You have fantastic time and project management skills - you ALWAYS deliver
- You’re a team player and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a stickler for detail and preferably have experience QAing emails or marketing material
- You will base your decisions on data and analytics and have a strong working knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Understanding of customer journeys and retention, acquisition and engagement
- Experience with SMS and on-site messaging would be a bonus!
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (Skyscanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential. Apply now