We are looking for a hands-on, expert Senior People Advisor for a 9-12 month maternity cover contract, to run people operations and recruit great talent into our business. You will report to the Head of People. Alongside keeping the fundamentals running smoothly day to day, you will also collaborate on vital people projects. We are looking for somebody who loves to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to deliver people best practices.
What you will be doing:
You will be the go-to person for all things “people”, you will provide guidance to team members and managers on all sorts of people matters, from recruitment to ER and benefits.
Recruitment: You will own the recruitment and selection process and you will partner with hiring teams to ensure we bring the best talent across tech and business roles.
Payroll: Oversee UK & US payroll and benefits with support from the people admin assistant, liaising with our payroll provider and finance team.
- Benefits: Oversee and broker UK Benefits - liaising directly with benefits providers to ensure we are getting the best value. Responsible for the workplace pension and any regulatory reporting requirements.
- ER: Ensure best practice is followed so we always act fairly and kindly in all employee relations activities. Keep abreast of the latest legislation and handle all rudimentary cases.
- Champion key people policies and processes: You will create slick processes and products that encourage our people to be self-sufficient and have the resources they need to flourish, whilst ensuring people activities are accurate and delivered on time. E.g. Onboarding, recruitment, performance. Ensuring our policies are not only up to date, they must also reflect our ethos and be as standardised as possible across territories.
- Share options: you will own the process of our share options incentive programme working with the legal and finance teams to ensure compliance, accuracy and overseeing the paperwork for issuing and converting options into shares.
- L&D: Working with the L&D manager you will deliver some training modules across the business, provide development coaching, assist in shaping the L&D programme, provide support on performance issues etc.
- Admin Routines - you will have a People Admin Assistant as a direct report and support them in their role.
- Global mindset: You’ll work across multiple territories (UK, U.S, Ukraine, Turkey, Germany) and be ready to learn and research about how we operate successfully in multiple other countries.
- Projects: You’ll get the opportunity to lead and co-design some progressive people projects working with the wider team and business to ensure we have the right people products/initiatives. E.g. Helping to shape our diversity and inclusion strategy, keeping our recruitment practices not only up to date but ahead of the norm, building our employer brand, talent mapping and succession planning, relevant reward etc.
- Here at LoveCrafts our Smart, Kind, Maker culture is what drives everything we do. You will be championing our values and celebrating the successes you see in our makers.
Who you are
Ideally you will have experience at Advisor level, bringing experience of Recruitment, ER, Payroll & Benefits, HR systems use, payroll process and policy creation as a minimum.
- You will have CIPD level 5 or equivalent/ working towards this.
- You’ll have a progressive, non-bureaucratic approach to HR and an insatiable appetite to learn. You thrive on investigating issues and proposing solutions.
- You will have a confident, bright personality – we’re a dynamic working environment and you’ll need to be able to create and maintain great relationships across the business to get things done.
- You will be self-led, able to prioritise well in a fast-paced environment with changing demands and high standards when it comes to your work.
- You will have an eye for detail and importantly feel very confident with numbers for payroll, benefits and metric reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google-suite and a quick learner with new systems and processes (we use Asana, Slack, PeopleHR etc).
- Ideally, you will have worked in a growth business environment or at least have ‘startup DNA’ - you’re flexible with an “all hands on deck” mentality, are passionate about your workplace and engaged in the shared company mission.
- Some experience of, or appetite for, crafting is always a benefit!
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits: pension plan, private healthcare, cash plan and some great perks!
- 25 holiday days pro rata + a day off for your birthday
- Smart colleagues and supportive team- you will join a fantastic team of really bright, motivated, and driven individuals who will support you at every stage of your journey
- Working environment that values excellence
- Central London Location, although working remotely through the COVID pandemic and will continue with a flexible approach post pandemic
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Diversity is important at LoveCrafts. We aim to attract the widest range of talent into our business to enable us to create an inclusive working environment, and to reflect and understand our customers and their needs. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We aim to create a modern, flexible work environment that supports everyone to do their best work and therefore, we are open to having conversations about flexible working for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise. We are committed to providing a working environment where everyone’s individuality and unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected and where all of our employees have equal opportunity to grow and attain their full potential. Apply now