At Jampp, we solve the most complex and large-scale technological challenges on mobile advertising today. We process over 1,000,000 ad requests per second, which amounts to over 150TB of data per day, across three global data centers. We rely on real-time machine learning models (with billions of features) that give us predictions in less than 100ms.
If you are excited about building real-time data pipelines capable of handling billion events daily and helping scale our machine learning infrastructure, Jampp might be the right place for you!
As a Staff Engineer you will lead the design and implementation of our most complex technical challenges. You will need to set the technical direction across a variety of projects and initiatives while also mentoring and growing others on the team.
Our ideal candidates bring a consistent track record of building high-quality enterprise products, platforms, systems, and services that are highly-extensible, reliable, and performant at scale.
You’ve “been there, done that” and are eager to share and apply your experience to our challenges.
Jampp is a remote-first company. For this position, it means that you can work remotely from any part of Argentina.
As a Staff Engineer, you will:
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building these products. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code. Serve as a role model for how great software should be written for Jampp as a whole
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, Jampp system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies, highlighting short-term trade-offs vs. long-term commitments.
- Work effectively cross functionally and Teach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders at Jampp.
You may be a fit if:
- You have a strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience with system architecture and API design at a top tier software company
- You have been a Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer at a top tier company
- You have served as the technical lead for a team of engineers and can demonstrate broad technical leadership
- You have owned the technical roadmap for a business area
- You have a strong ability to collaborate, communicate, and influence in a way that leaves the team feeling inspired. You help others learn!
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- You take an active role in the wider software development community as a leader with a point of view. Have experience communicating technical topics to external entities.
- You work well cross-functionally and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you
- You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your teams. Even senior engineers feel that they’re able to learn from you
- AdTech experience is a plus but not at all a requirement
Engineering at Jampp
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building.
- What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
What We Offer
- 📱Learn a ton about the hottest area of growth in Internet advertising - Mobile!
- 💰Competitive salary
- 📈 A great level of responsibility from day one and the chance to develop your potential without limitations.
- 💪🏼 An entrepreneurial environment.
- A dynamic remote-first work culture with the possibility of accessing coworking spaces as needed.
- 🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team. We win together!
- Work with a talented global team that you can constantly learn from! We have jamppers from 🇧🇷🇬🇧🇺🇸🇮🇪🇫🇷🇩🇪🇦🇷🇷🇺... our customers are not the only ones from around the globe 😉
- 😎 Cool swag and team activities (even when working from home!)