Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
We are looking for someone to create, amplify and drive our story with many audiences while managing a high performing team responsible for Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Community Management, Analyst Relations, Social and Content. You will create best-in-class content strategies across a range of platforms that engages key audiences. You will be instrumental in driving brand awareness, reach and revenue through innovative storytelling.
You are a storytelling visionary that will define the editorial strategy based on insights. You will create the content calendar for development and publication of content across our channels and with agency partners. You will take the brand narrative and create a marketing thought leadership strategy as well as campaign themes and content for all businesses (consumer and corporate). You will partner closely with the brand team, demand generation, investor relations and product marketing teams to tell a cohesive narrative across various external stakeholders and audiences.
You will utilize an audience-first storytelling approach for our communications and content programs. You will seek out and identify areas across the organization where content and storytelling could be better leveraged to both support marketing and business goals as well as build our reputation with key audiences. You will oversee the company’s primary communications channels including the company’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn presence.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspire the teams you manage which are the communications team, analyst relations team and content team
- Leading the newsroom content team to create news and feature articles that drives thought leadership traffic to our channel while driving more awareness of Malwarebytes as a though leader in the cyberprotection space.
- Innovate with award winning storytelling
- Create the content strategy which includes thought leadership themes, campaign themes, report themes.
- Define content engagement strategy with analysts, press, consumers, customers, prospects
- Budget responsibility
- You will manage a team of internal and external content creators
- You will partner with brand to create and execute effective, integrated social and digital media content strategy.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 15+ years’ experience in multichannel content creation, 12+years leading this work and management experience
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams of content creators to achieve company goals
- Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time distribution strategies and tactics
- Company evangelist and comfortable on camera for press opportunities
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Experience in creating impactful content across all major external platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Collaborative style and at ease in a fast-paced, growth environment
- A portfolio of successful content-driven communications campaigns
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
- 401(k) matching program
- Open time off policy
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff